Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A few days on a nice beach

Liked

A few days on a nice beach

I know that there have been reports about good beaches but I must confess that I am a lazy bastard and do not want to use the search function. So what I want for my partner and me is a nice CLEAN beach in February for a few days.I do not want to go to Pat,I was there a few times but the water was so disgusting. I used to go Phuket in the past but the stories I heard....no sunchairs...taxi mafia worse than ever..etc. did not sound inviting. It should be a place on the beach, ok if it is not too far away I would accept as well. I do not really care about the costs of the hotel...I ain t a "2 weeks millionaire" but money is not an issue. We both do not need bars etc. but a few nice restaurants would be welcome. BTW Thanks to Fountainhall and Surfcrest about their information about Taiwan LOL

Liked

Re: A few days on a nice beach

Koh Samet (island), plenty of hotels, nice beaches, 2.5-3 hours from Bangkok.

https://www.google.com/search?q=koh+samet

Liked

Hi,
    I've hear a story that up to 24 illegally built hotels and resorts on Koh Samet are to be demolished so pick your accommodation on that island carefully. It's also very busy at weekends.
    When are you travelling? It can make a big difference. Personally I'd head further east to the Koh Chang group of islands.
    Cheers

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You might think of Khao Lak - about 100 kms north of Phuket airport. I spent 6 nights at the Marriott 3 years ago. It's right on the beach - and it was totally unspoiled with loads of sand. The ground floor rooms have direct access to a 'canal' which runs around the hotel into the big main pool. Great for early morning and evening gentle swims! In addition to the hotel's restaurants there are 3 or 4 on the beach where I preferred to have dinner.

The downside is there is little else to do nearby and not much in the small Khao Lak village. But you might also check other Khao Lak beach hotels as there are quite a few and all reasonably far from the others. I got a great dear through travelzoo but I'm sure you'll find others.

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG
    Last edited by fountainhall; December 10th, 2016 at 09:09.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (December 10th, 2016)

Liked

Wish for solitude on a pristine Thailand beach? Give Ban Krut a try. It's my all time go-to beach when I want some peace and quiet on a beach with beautiful clean water and talcum powder white sand.
    This lovely little place is devoid of noise, gay scenes of any kind, and largely ignored by farang. An oddly idiosyncratic Buddhist temple (Wat Tong Chai) sits high up on a hill and is a must see even if you are not a temple-seeker kinda guy.

Ban Krut is about equadistint between Prachuap Kiri Khan and Surat Thani.
    Do yourself a great favour and book a few days at Baan Klang Aow Hotel. Right on the beach, it provides bicycles for free if you wish to ride the length of the beach (about 15-20 K). Ask for the older, funkier bungalows, not the new ones in the back.

http://bangsaphanguide.com.r24.asia/...Resort/cur=THB

Lots of excellent little seafood restaurants right on the beach, down in the village. An excellent pizza joint in the village as well, owned by a grizzled old American who has quite obviously 'gone Thai'.
    Ban Krut is a not-yet-discovered gem.

Google "photos of ban krut" for loads of pictures.
    Last edited by Smiles; December 10th, 2016 at 11:17.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 10th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

smiles...Its pretty close to the malaysian border......no issues with muslim terrorism?? Whats the best way to get there from BKK??

Liked

Bite me dickfor. Its not even close to Malaysia's border. (But you, being a troll, knew tbat anyway, right?)
    Be sure and PM me if you go, with dates.
    As for getting there ... have you given thought to riding on the back of one of your Thai slaves?
    Last edited by Smiles; December 10th, 2016 at 13:22.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Agree with Koh Samet, a very nice and relaxing place. With the mini bus it's just a short ride from Pattaya. Recently I stayed at Vongdeuan Resort. They have their own shuttle boat transfer which was quite convenient. There is even a gay bar / gay beach at Koh Samet. No money boys there but you are travelling with your partner anyway.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Magnum....
    Where's the gay bar and beach on Ko Samet please?

Liked

I confess to never having visited any of these places (but as Mini Mee will tell you, I've never been in Thailand, so it's moot)

But hang on - Moses says Koh Samet is an island and Magnum says it's a short ride on a mini bus to Pattaya.

Is this a James Bond kind of mini bus or what?