Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

Liked

Re: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

I used to like Emirates but switched to Etihad, which I now prefer despite the crush at Abu Dhabi. Using the lounges is a big plus. A hidden £80 extra fee from Emirates certainly won't entice me back. But I am careful in UAE. No codeine and no sex outside marriage.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    ..I am careful in UAE. No codeine and no sex outside marriage.
    You must have a very long layover - I make do with a couple of pints and a wank

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    [on recently becoming blind] I have the ATM menus memorized, and elevators are generally always two columns of buttons.
    This is getting more and more unbelievable. How do you go to the ATM when blind, how do you get in and out of the elevator when blind?

Liked

I thought you told us you live in a village outside of town. So how do you get to the atm? And once there, how exactly do you negotiate the touch screen? There's no screen reader in an ATM. Why would you go out of your way to memorise the screen before you become blind?? Did you actually predict the fall which you say lead to you becoming blind??

Very Latin-esque.
    Last edited by a447; December 12th, 2016 at 14:51.

Liked

Hmmm . . . curiouser and curiouser! cried Jellybean. Perhaps it is time that cdnmatt is summoned before me Lords, the Queen’s Justices to answer for his high crimes and misdemeanours.

On second thoughts, disregard my last comment. Think I got a bit carried away. What I meant to say is, well, it will be interesting to read what Matt says in reply to the posts made by ChristianPFC and a447. The plot thickens, as they say in all the best detective stories.

Oh, and by the by, and to sort of get back on topic, I used Emirates Business Class for the first time back in October. I have flown with Qatar Airlines for 10 years or so, but they increased their prices so much I could not justify the cost. I was very happy with the service provided by Emirates and, as long as their prices are not increased too much, I shall use them in preference to Qatar; unless they can match Emirates lower cost.

Liked

My dear business class Jellybean - you won't be affected by the new seating charges as they only impinge on the impecunious

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    ed before me Lords, the Queen’s Justices to answer for his high crimes and misdemeanours.
    On second thoughts, disregard my last comment. Think I got a bit carried away. What I meant to say is, well, it will be interesting to read what Matt says in reply to the posts made by ChristianPFC and a447. The plot thickens, as they say in all the best detective stories.

I'm beyond livid and disgusted, and still debating whether or not I even want to spend the time to dignify shit like that. What's the point? They've already made up their mind.

Ok, I'll disregard screen reader and bang out something at my standard speed, so expect typos.

No idea where you got the idea I'm living in some small rice farmining village, but no, I'm in KK. Maybe not the city center, but KK nonetheless.

Ok, you caught me. I haven't been in an elevator since I went blind, but aside from ATMs, it was the only thing I could think of that seems to have mandatory brail on it. But yes, we do have elevators in KK too.

The closest ATM is exactly 3 turns and about a 6 minute walk away. I can do it all by myself! Plus I have this Laos guy named Leo who doesn't seem to stop coming back. He's a complete lazy cunt, and doesn't do much, but nonetheless, he's a cool guy, I know I can trust him, he has a good heart, and he helps take care of me, go grocery shopping, get a haircut, and other neat shit.

I'm not 1000% blind. I can see parked cars, but not sidewalk curbs. I can see sihoulettes of people, but not their facial features, skin color, or clothes. I can make out my brown dog laying on the floor, but have trouble with my white dog (floor it white tile). I can see escalotor railings, but not the moving stairs, etc.

Aside from that, I'm done talking about this with people who think I'm capable of lieing about something like this. Seriously, who the fuck would lie about something like this?

Liked

Actually Matt I believe your post to be grammatically perfect with nary a spelling mistake, typo or punctuation mark out of place. Perhaps being "beyond livid" brings with it some typing superpowers. Anyway...well done, good work,

Liked

Thanks. I guess I'm getting better.

It's funny, and give it a try yourself if you want. When this first happened, I thought, "no problem, I never look at the keyboard anyway", but apparently I was stealing more glances than I realized, because I know my typing was complete shite at first.

If you think you never look at your keyboard while typing, give it a try. Blindfoldfold yourself, and bang out a few paragraphs. Decent chance I bet you'll be surprised with the results. :-)

Liked

OK I'll gibr it s hobut I fomny klnoe ehst the resyult night be

11. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 14th, 2016)