Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

Liked

Re: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

Old Git.
    Not sure if you meant the pun but I loved the comment about cruise ships and port considering that's where they spend half their lives. And really! text messaging and e-mail are the height of modern vulgarity. You should do as I do and insist that everyone communicates with you by telegram, preferably delivered by a waif with no shoes on...just as it was when you were middle aged. Haha.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    Only problem seems to be a lack of Port on board
    Emirates certainly serves port in biz and 1st classes

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Emirates certainly serves port in biz and 1st classes
    But do they use the correct glassware?

(Actually, one does not have to be overly fussy - the standard airline wine glass is quite adequate for Port, but shot glasses are completely wrong..)

"You should do as I do and insist that everyone communicates with you by telegram"

Arsenal, does no-one talk to you any more? The last country to use Telegrams was India, and their service ended in July 2013.. ;-)

Seriously though, although we have all grown up with the 'phone, it is, on reflection, a very rude device that demands that the recipient stops whatever they are doing to attend to the call. With other means of communication now mainstream, I am proud to limit its use to those occasions when there is an urgency that justifies it.

Telemarketers, including those from companies I do business with, get a lecture in manners from me when they make calls without just cause..

Liked

Have you checked your chimney recently lest there's a small urchin stuck up it?

Liked

..meaning what?

By embracing the notion of a 'post 'phone' lifestyle, I see myself at the cutting edge of civilised existence - not romanticising the distant past..

Liked

Don't worry Oldgit, this forum has devoled into a pitiful existence over the last few months.

7. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 9th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    " ... this forum has devoled into a pitiful existence over the last few months ... "
    . . . and your spelling has devolved into a message board black hole, also known as the Latinexpoxx Non-Event Horizon ... possibly because you have gone blind? Or has your latest drama morphed from blind into acute sperm buildup.

Please peruse this link to somewhere-in-Canada regarding them pesky voles: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...neighbourhoods
    Last edited by Smiles; December 8th, 2016 at 20:59.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

That would be going blind. I pur more care into other communication, but for SGT posts, usually just let it slide as I figure everyone will be able to figure out what I'm saying. There's three options for typing blind:

1.) Drop your typing speed to about 12wpm, so you can listen to the screen reader say every character as you type it. Can still easily mixup things though, like M and N for example, because they're right beside each other and sound similar.

2.) Spend about 3 times as long proof reading message as it took you to type it.

3.) Say fuck it, and let the typos slide. This is what I generally do for SGT.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I pur more care into other communication, but for SGT posts, usually just let it slide as I figure everyone will be able to figure out what I'm saying.
    Yes, let's face it, why care about your readers and making sure you're communicating effectively?

Liked

frequent (aka Latins' arsewipe) wrote:
    "Yes, let's face it, why care about your readers and making sure you're communicating effectively?"

Ever more charming with each poisonous post.
    Last edited by arsenal; December 9th, 2016 at 09:13.