Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

This pretense is so sick that it is not funny.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Actually Matt I believe your post to be grammatically perfect with nary a spelling mistake, typo or punctuation mark out of place. Perhaps being "beyond livid" brings with it some typing superpowers. Anyway...well done, good work,
    Forget grammar, forget spelling.
    The question of the century (hyperbole et al) is this and only this: has Cndmatt actually gone blind, or is he pulling the rug over our, er, eyes?
    Personally I'm in the MFAS camp on this one ... though I would leave open a wishy-washy possibility that his vision has actually flown the coop.
    Who knows 100% regarding anything spewed on internet message boards? Especially when the subject is chickens.

What was the topic of this thread? I've forgotten.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"What was the topic of this thread? I've forgotten."

SG Drinking and wanking in airport lounges in the UAEs apparently ? Wasn't it??

Which funnily reminds me of an incident involving myself, a cute taxi driver, and illicit blowjob and the UAE's ultra religious police section, followed by a VERY fast drive by a stressed out worried taxi driver to the airport, but THAT as they say is a WHOLE other story !

Liked

I think it says a lot about the antiquated thinking of The UK honours system that NIrish has not been given a bauble or two for services to international sexual relations.

Liked

While in whining mode regarding airline seats, take a gander at what 10 abreast economy seating looks like on a Air Canada B-777 (flights from Asia to Canada).
    Usually 777's are 9 abreast and have been on most airlines (including AC) for the last decade. Air Canada squeezes 'em in on Economy, leaving one reviewer on Seat Guru to note that the meal tray was about the size of his tablet.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ai...e_Class_v4.php

Think I'll stay with Korean or China Southern. They make me feel wanted.
    Last edited by Smiles; December 15th, 2016 at 15:33.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Emirates is 10 abreast in economy on a 777 and (in my experience) always have been.

I believe the seat width is about 17 inches - so basically if you're sitting next to anyone over say 38 waist they're spilling into your area.

This is exactly why I like to reserve an aisle seat at the earliest opportunity - which brings us neatly back to the new surcharge of £80 per trip to do so.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    While in whining mode regarding airline seats, take a gander at what 10 abreast economy seating looks like on a Air Canada B-777 (flights from Asia to Canada).
    Usually 777's are 9 abreast and have been on most airlines (including AC) for the last decade. Air Canada squeezes 'em in on Economy, leaving one reviewer on Seat Guru to note that the meal tray was about the size of his tablet.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ai...e_Class_v4.php

Think I'll stay with Korean or China Southern. They make me feel wanted.
    Out of curiosity I compared my seating details on my recent EVA flight with those of Air Canada and was I positively surprised. EVA was a clear winner and flies to Vancouver and other Canadian cities I believe.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (December 16th, 2016)

Liked

I fly from LAX to points in Asia and usually find fares on EVA to be competitive.
    But this is in Coach. The fares for their Laurel Premium Coach are now much more expensive!!
    Never a Promo!!
    The seating pitch in Coach is OK and the service is always good.
    Highly Recommended...
    GWMinUS

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    I fly from LAX to points in Asia and usually find fares on EVA to be competitive.
    But this is in Coach. The fares for their Laurel Premium Coach are now much more expensive!!
    Never a Promo!!
    The seating pitch in Coach is OK and the service is always good.
    Highly Recommended...
    GWMinUS
    My business class ticket, this December, was $3600 from the EVA website and I earn miles. This was well over $1000 cheaper than United and very competitive.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A couple of recent articles in Forbes magazine makes it clear why prices for the three Gulf airlines have been rising and extra charges introduced.

After a bumper 2015, Emirates has seen a "sharp" drop in profits in 2016 and the outlook is "bleak". Profits were down 75% for the six months to September compared to the same period last year. Reasons given include regional instability and low oil prices resulting in a major drop in premium fliers from that region, a drop in passenger numbers from elsewhere and competition from the other Gulf carriers. For the future, there is concern that the Qantas deal - where Qantas dropped all its European routes except London via Singapore and flew its other passengers to Dubai to connect with Emirates extensive network from there - will be affected once Qantas starts non-stops form Perth to London in March 2017 using Dreamliners. The Gulf's expansion has been a result of its being a highly convenient hub and spoke operation. If the range of the 787s and A350s can be expanded further, that would certainly affect more destinations.

Meanwhile Etihad has been cutting jobs and restructuring "against a backdrop of weakened global economic conditions." Fleet growth has stalled and there is a slight reduction in the number of destinations served. Qatar's profits remain healthy for the time being, but then it has been steadily raising prices as has been pointed out in this thread.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dominicd.../#71ed34b74560
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dominicd.../#5dc64fe42476