Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Back to normal in pattaya

Liked

Re: Back to normal in pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    bkkguy: Restaurants and cafes and shows are not gay orientated, they are enjoyed by everyone
    perhaps you should tell that to those who published the myriad Sunee gay maps over the years including every 7-11, FamilyMart, laundry, hairdresser, 1/2* guesthouse, hole-in-the-wall slophouse "restaurant" etc as "gay" - I doubt many straights, or indeed many gays, "enjoyed" these places

and actually both scottish-guy and arsenal the first such street that sprang to my mind was Oxford St in Sydney from Taylor Square to Hyde Park corner, admittedly years ago, but the bars and cafes were gay oriented with 90% gay patronage, as were drag show nites at Capriccios or Tropicana etc and yes the gay patrons spilled out onto the pavement and enjoyed watching the passing parade from the pubs to the dance bars and sex venues! it just wasn't commercial - but if you wanted that the infamous "Wall" was always just around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    so if you're talking about areas of London, New York or Amsterdam then you're not comparing like with like.
    but surely that is the point - what are we supposed to compare with the "most exciting couple of gay oriented streets in the entire world"?

the scene in Oxford St and many other cities I have been in since I first came out 40 years ago "hopped and buzzed and jived and thrilled and shocked and seduced and repelled and delighted" for me just as much as Sunee did since I first came to Thailand 20 years ago

yes the scene is declining in many of the cities I have visited in the last 10 years - but then so has Sunee!

and yes I am now a fat ugly old falung and the best sex I have had recently has been commercial and in Thailand but "most exciting ... gay ... in the entire world"? I actually quite enjoyed the gay scene when I was in Paris a few years ago, and Berlin a few years before that!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Would you like to name any of these mythical streets - because I can't think of any
    I find that a bit sad, and refer back to my original post about forgetting about ...

bkkguy
    Last edited by bkkguy; November 28th, 2016 at 19:03.

Liked

bkkguy: Those streets had 10-12 venues full of 20 something year olds awaiting your command for pleasure? They had old friends in every bar and new ones to be made too? And cost as well...you could have the night of your life in Sunee for the price of a three course steak dinner at a steakhouse chain back in Britain. Not to mention that Boyztown is a 5 minute bike ride away.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

llz (November 28th, 2016), scottish-guy (November 29th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post

and yes I am now a fat ugly old falung .....

bkkguy
    Say it ain't so bkkguy. I always imagined you as suave and debonair.

Liked

It has been 1 year since I was in Thailand prowling around sunee. I had fun 1 year ago and I suspect that I will have fun when I return (hopefully this summer). I first went to Thailand in 1986 as a dirt poor backpacker. I had a great time then and I still have a great time. The bar scene has changed but it is still a great adventure to get off plane in Thailand. Now it is gayromeo etc..as much as the bar for boys.
    And for me at least Thailand is still a place to rent a moto and drive into the countryside with a boy on the back and see what happens. In short..for me it is still an adventure.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 29th, 2016), Smiles (November 29th, 2016), steveky (November 30th, 2016), TaoR (November 29th, 2016)

Liked

Thanks Kittyboy. We two at least are singing from exactly the same song sheet. And the music is beautiful.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy1 View Post
    " ... And for me at least Thailand is still a place to rent a moto and drive into the countryside with a boy on the back and see what happens. In short..for me it is still an adventure ... "
    Nice joi de vivre going in Kitty.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Those of you who don't rent a motorbike when in Pattaya simply do not realise the huge new array of pleasure you are missing out on. In fact I would say that those who do don't get jaded (bored) and those who don't do. If you catch my drift.

Liked

Although I have a motorcycle license in my home country I would not drive a motorbike here seeing it as too risky. Probably because they drive on the wrong side of the road same same as the Brits and Australians. Of course in Pattaya they drive on whatever side of the road that suits them including the sidewalks. But, as you say, arsenal, it is a good way to get around and experience Pattaya.

Liked

Try it once Francois. I think you'll be quite surprised just how ordered the way the traffic moves is and the cars are very geared up towards motorbikes. In over ten years of riding a motorbike in Thailand I've had one slight accident. That's considerably less than driving a car in England.

Only the motorbike taxis are any kind of problem and in this respect they follow the rule found all over the world (Japan and Hefei, China excepted) and that is that taxi drivers are total arseholes and must do whatever they can to undo any goodwill generated by the rest of the population towards any and all foreign visitors.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Although I have a motorcycle license in my home country I would not drive a motorbike here seeing it as too risky. Probably because they drive on the wrong side of the road same same as the Brits and Australians. Of course in Pattaya they drive on whatever side of the road that suits them including the sidewalks. But, as you say, arsenal, it is a good way to get around and experience Pattaya.
    I've owned both cars and motorbikes since living in Pattaya, if you are ablebodied and I see many 80 year old falangs driving motorbikes, I reccomend you getting one as it is really the easiest way to get around Pattaya, pity those whose lives go no further than Center Condo, Sunee, and boystown.

13. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 29th, 2016)