Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to normal in pattaya

Liked

Back to normal in pattaya

I arrived in Pattaya on Thusday which I think was the end of the month's mourning for his Majesty. I'm staying in Boystown where I found things back to normal I.e. Bars and gogo's open with lights and loud music.
    Last night I offed a boy but before going to my room we went down a packed Walking Street at 2 am where like BT everything was open with many girls and ladyboys looking for business.
    Walking around town during the day I did notice many Thais wearing black and most of the larger business's have tributes to his majesty. The Royal Garden shopping area advertises an exhibition showing episodes in the King's life and his many achievements, which I intend to visit.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (November 20th, 2016)

Liked

Re: Back to normal in pattaya

I noted on a skype call that BF is back to his red work uniform rather than the black he's been wearing daily recently.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I noticed on Periscope this morning ( that someone was streaming live from Pattaya) that there seemed to be some sort of large HRH type rally / remembrance event type thing taking place as there were a lot of people going round the crown selling black ribbons etc - or maybe it was just a normal event where people felt the need to display ribbons ? Wonder what that was all about ( the event I mean not the ribbons of course?)

Liked

I posted the info NIrish.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (November 20th, 2016)

Liked

Yes there was a sort of rally on beach road. I missed it as I as out late last night and was catching up on my sleep. Whilst I was having dinner at 6.30 a stream of Thais plus the occasional farang paraded through BT holding candles and portraits of the King. They were all dressed in black. However it's 10 pm and things are normal in Boystown.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daveuk View Post
    Y..... I was having dinner at 6.30 and a stream of Thais
    Ahhhh so THAT's the collective noun for a lot of Thai people all walking together then eh - a stream ! ok then. Hmm, so If there's a REALLY big crowd of them does that then turn into a "Torrent of Thai's" then I wonder ? :-)

Liked

Are most of the locals wearing black, apart from those taking part in ceremonies?

What about the tourists? what are they wearing? Will I have to update my wardrobe and bring lots of black stuff?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Are most of the locals wearing black, apart from those taking part in ceremonies?

What about the tourists? what are they wearing? Will I have to update my wardrobe and bring lots of black stuff?

You're a farang, and he's not your king. Wear whatever you want, as nobody gives two shits if you're wearing black or not.

If anything, I'd say don't wear black, because it'll just make you look like a retarded imposter. Same as when farangs wai go-go boys.

Banned
    Liked

I'd recommend a burqa for those who want complete discretion

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If anything, I'd say don't wear black, because it'll just make you look like a retarded imposter
    I take exception to that comment! Tourists and local farang were particularly asked to dress respectfully to include either black or at least a black armband. At DMK two weeks ago there were black ribbons attached to safety pins for visitors to wear. Here in Bangkok, a huge number of farang were wearing back and sometimes black and white.

Even though the first month is over, a lot of farang are still wearing some black. For holidaymakers, you will be much respected if you pick up one of those small ribbons on arrival and just pin it to your sleeve or shirt front

13. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 20th, 2016), christianpfc (November 25th, 2016), destiny (November 20th, 2016), francois (November 20th, 2016)