Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Free book - Cocktail Boyz - for a limited time

Liked

Re: Free book - Cocktail Boyz - for a limited time

Quote Originally Posted by jvt22222 View Post
    Let me ask again ... is there any place it can be downloaded as a torrent .... I have an iPad, not a Kindle ... the Amazon.com download is Kindle only.
    Just download Kindle app for your iPad and you can access all the kindle e-books. I am on a Samsung device myself .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by loke View Post
    Just download Kindle app for your iPad and you can access all the kindle e-books. I am on a Samsung device myself .
    Maybe it depends location of the kindle account, but as far as I see you need a monthly subscription to acces the free e-books.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Couple View Post
    Maybe it depends location of the kindle account, but as far as I see you need a monthly subscription to acces the free e-books.
    What monthly subscription? See my earlier post - you just email your Kindle a copy of the book

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re the subscription - no, I thought the same at the start when I went to DL that "free" book and assumed it was just a way to get you into that subscription service too - but it's not.

Whilst you can order that subscription service and get an amount of free books every month if you wish you CAN also just totally ignore that area and just carry on, install kindle on your decives and go ahead and download just whatever individual books, free or paid, as you wish.

Like I said I too nearly made this same mistake and nearly clicked off the entire site thinking it was a con, but it's not, umm fully up and running now on kindle, with my free ( and other bought) books now all sitting on my various devices so it's worth soldiering on to reach that point I suggest.

Liked

I see on the free pages on the Amazon website one of the boys says "No one of us likes the looks of a Farang".
    So these Asian gay boys are into Asians? Not Farang? I get the idea many Thai gay boys are genuinely interested in Farang. Not too old of course. So these sex workers don't like our looks at all? Even a well build 40 year old?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    So these sex workers don't like our looks at all? Even a well build 40 year old?
    You're GENUINELY surprised by that fact ?

And whilst I guess as many people like different things there's bound to be a few Asian guys who prefer farang and maybe even one or two who like older farang , even ones perhaps twice their age perhaps ( i.e even up to 40 year old perhaps in some cases ! ). But do they "really" like us and find us all "handsum men" - REALLY, you have to ask that question ?

OMG as they say in Father Ted the comedy show - "careful now", as with questions like that you just might just burst illusion and the bubble of unreality that a lot of us all happily operate in when we travel to Thailand if you're not careful there ! :-)

Speaking personally though, I am under NO illusion as to either what I look like or what they no doubt think of me, but as long as they keep up their end of the bargain and "play the game" then I'll happily do the same, until I get bored of the falseness again and then go home again for a while to recover from all the bullshit and lies and replenish my bank balance so that I can go back later and play the game all over again sometime.

I consider it no different to a gambler who goes off to Las Vegas, loses a load of money and then goes home, only to go back another day again as he enjoys it so much getting his kicks that way and ends up slightly hooked - although at least I get laid whilst I'm losing my money whereas he on the other hand just ends up fucked if not careful - ha actually the more I think of it there's not even too much difference there either perhaps as well !!
    Last edited by Nirish guy; November 26th, 2016 at 02:43.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 26th, 2016), fountainhall (November 26th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Re the subscription - no, I thought the same at the start when I went to DL that "free" book and assumed it was just a way to get you into that subscription service too - but it's not.

Whilst you can order that subscription service and get an amount of free books every month if you wish you CAN also just totally ignore that area and just carry on, install kindle on your decives and go ahead and download just whatever individual books, free or paid, as you wish.

Like I said I too nearly made this same mistake and nearly clicked off the entire site thinking it was a con, but it's not, umm fully up and running now on kindle, with my free ( and other bought) books now all sitting on my various devices so it's worth soldiering on to reach that point I suggest.
    I didn't find a way around it, I clearly missed that. Well too late now anyway.
    Going to delete the app as I don't use it also.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    You're GENUINELY surprised by that fact ?
    Yes.

Of course I am no idiot. I know the average 20 year old doesn't feel sexually attracted to a 50+ year old. Doesn't matter if that 50+ year old is Caucasian, Asian or whatever.

But I am GENUINELY surprised most gay Thai boys don't like Farang gay men in general. So also not a well build 30 year old Farang. They also visit Thailand. I even saw quite a few Farangs in their 20s in Soi Twilight during my last visit. So yes I am genuinely surprised the dislike also goes for well build (so not fat, ugly) 40 minus Farangs.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    But I am GENUINELY surprised most gay Thai boys don't like Farang gay men in general. So also not a well build 30 year old Farang. They also visit Thailand. I even saw quite a few Farangs in their 20s in Soi Twilight during my last visit.
    So you are gradually learning about Asians! There are of course exceptions, but as one who has had the good fortune to travel extensively around Asia, I agree that all but a tiny percentage prefer to be with their fellow countrymen and share a general dislike - for one or several reasons - of westerners.

It is no accident that westerners are called farang by Thais - a term that has developed derogatory overtones. In Hong Kong westerners are gweilo - foreign devils. The Japanese term gaijin (Japanese gay guys who like westerners) is less dismissive, but anyone preferring a less dismissive term will use the more neutral word - gaikujin.

It often comes as a bit of a shock to westerners to realise that they are not looked on with the affection we perhaps feel we deserve as fellow human beings, no matter if we are handsome hunks in our 20s or corpulent gents in our 70s. In some cases, our wallets are the only attraction. Foreigners smell differently, a result of a totally different diet, and some Asians are really put off by our stinky body odour. The fact that we are used to it means we are generally not aware of its effect on other ethnic groups. (Asians who eat a rice based diet generally have a sweeter body odour - especially most Chinese). Foreigners rarely act in accordance with local,customs. The fact they may not be aware of such customs and their subtleties is immaterial. And so on!

The irony is that before Asian countries really opened up to western values in the last 40 years or so, western boyfriends were much sought-after since they afforded young Asians the opportunity of living in much larger homes, almost the only possibility of actually living with another gay guy, overseas travel etc. Now that social attitudes are gradually changing and many younger Asians have much more disposable incomes, the foreigner boyfriend is becoming the exception.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 4th, 2016), Tintin (November 26th, 2016)

Liked

Thanks Fountain.

I truly had no idea we Farang are disliked so much. No matter our age. I am very good for my boys, respect them, respect their culture. Treat them well. Why the hate then for me (a hate I don't see by the way but reading the above probably is there)? Because I am white and have a different smell?

I can't believe it. Yes of course the sexual attraction from young for old is in almost all cases fake, but I don't dislike or hate people I don't find attractive just because they have a different skin colour.

I do notice one thing: when a family member dies (brother, sister, father, mother) I have the idea Thai boys feel less sadness than we do. Also in case I know for 100% it is no lie. Is that a cultural thing?
    Last edited by AsDaRa; November 26th, 2016 at 12:48.