Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Free book - Cocktail Boyz - for a limited time

Liked

Re: Free book - Cocktail Boyz - for a limited time

I understood that opinion leant towards a non falang. Indeed rumours were occasionally voiced regarding a gentleman seen visiting bars and suchlike armed with a pencil and reporters notepad. I cannot confirm these rumours. Bar owners of yesteryear all claimed to know the identity of this Pimpernel like character but would clam up at further questioning .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm not going to comment on the book's contents since it was free and I reckon that would not be fair. However, I have to say the artwork for the cover is close to dreadful. Surely you judge book at least in part by its cover. With those guys in the drawing, browsing in a bookstore I'd not even bother to look inside!

Liked

After reading chapter 1 I have to agree it was poorly written , but for some it will be entertainment . It will not sell on Amazon , but for free I guess it's ok.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 18th, 2016)

Liked

Let me ask again ... is there any place it can be downloaded as a torrent .... I have an iPad, not a Kindle ... the Amazon.com download is Kindle only.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I also have an iPad. You can easily get the Kindle app from iTunes (or is it direct from amazon? I can't recall). All the books I download are Kindle editions;

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes for all of those unsure or unaware ( as I fully admit to being myself only two days ago until I asked my bf this same question and he looked at me like "REALLY, you didn't know this?!"

So, you can just go to the App store on your own device, download the Kindle App and then once installed on your device just go ahead and log on into your own existing Amazon account (if you already have one for a Kindle etc and if not then just create a new one as there free anyway) and hey presto all and any books you may have previously downloaded for your existing Kindle will miraculously be there waiting for you ( or you can go ahead and start downloading both the free book mentioned above or whatever other books you wish and all will appear on your device, ready for you to read, just whenever you feel like it.

Which is all really handy and I'm kicking myself at not sussed this all myself years ago so I could have saved myself from having to carry both a kindle PLUS my phone AND iPad AND a paperback book when flying about the place etc, now one device will do everything, why you'd almost think they designed it to BE that way wouldn't you ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you read a lot, there's no need to keep the books on your device. With one flick you dencan send them up to the Cloud. In any case, amazon keeps your books safe in case you lose your device. I think it's great!

Banned
    Liked

Your Kindle has its own email address - log onto your Amazon account and look under the device(s) associated with the account. You then send an email to the Kindle's email address, attaching the book you want to read in your Kindle as an attachment (has to be in epub format as I recall), and it appears in your Kindle account for download.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (November 20th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Pennyboy: As you said the book is free and it's also written by a Thai. So for you to describe it as "poorly written" seems rather uncharitable to say the least. Or am I being sanctimonious?
    Not in the least sanctimonious. Just plain wrong.

Liked

Wrong. ME. I've never heard the like.

13. User who gave Like to post:

steveky (November 22nd, 2016)