List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Americans at Thai gay-friendly hotels....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Americans at Thai gay-friendly hotels....

quite a bit of bashing americans...gee,,like everyone else in every country is fine to talk to...give me a break..

Liked

Thanks to everyone for the interesting comments.

I did NOT mean to bash Americans. I have many American friends, and in my youth, I had an American lover.
    I will stop being a snotty, cantankerous European and try to be friendly to chatty Americans.

Talking with my own countrymen or with other Europeans is sometimes more difficult than talking to Americans. I am Swiss, and my native language is French. Many Swiss are more or less fluent in several languages. When I meet a Swiss person whose native language is [Swiss] German, should we speak in French or in German? If I meet a Swiss person whose native language is Italian, should I try to speak in my not-totally-fluent Italian, or force him to speak French? If I meet a Dutch-speaking Belgian, should I speak in French, which he has certainly studied, but might not want to speak? Or should we talk in English. If we speak in English, he might even think that I am an American [God forbid!], because I can speak English with an American accent.

Ugh....No wonder Europeans are reserved and Americans are chatty......

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    I will stop being a snotty, cantankerous European and try to be friendly to chatty Americans.

Bravo ! But if any of those chatty Americans try to chat with you, just reply in your best French or wurst German and they will leave you alone.

Liked

Well I don't mind folk having a chat. Rather enjoy hearing about folk from other places. More of a listener than a talker myself.
    Personally I'd rather speak to a self absorbed Yank than a drunken Brit.

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 3rd, 2016)