Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

At the very least it will attract attention - which was the whole point!

Liked

Over the last few months I recall seeing several members request, in various degrees of exasperation, type face size and colour a change to the far too short, 15 minute, edit window.

As an alternative, those members have requested a longer edit period and 30 minutes seems, by common consent, to be the preferred option. I may be mistaken, but I do not believe that there has been an acknowledgement from ‘management’ that they have heard and taken note of members’ requests for change.

At the same time I have read and heard that experts are warning that within the next 30 years, robots/machines are increasingly likely to take over many occupations, with some experts estimating 50% unemployment rates. Perhaps, as part of such a trial or covert operation, change has already happened at Sawatdee Central deep in the Canadian Rockies and no one has told the membership.

Maybe if members were to address their complaints to HAL, we might find that we receive a response, or even some positive action along the following lines:

HAL: Affirmative, Smiles, ChristianPFC and fountainhall. I read you.

If we’re desperately out of luck, things are turning critical and it’s time to set the destruct button and head for the escape pods, we might just hear this . . .

HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you guys to jeopardize it.

Or, in response to a recently deleted topic . . .

HAL: I know that frequent was planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Scary! But it might be the future.

And finally, to return to the topic. Actually, I would not mind being a passenger on the Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry once it becomes operational, weather permitting of course, and after a decent interval has elapsed without any reported major incident.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (January 4th, 2017)

Liked

Jellybean wrote:
    "And finally, to return to the topic. Actually, I would not mind being a passenger on the Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry once it becomes operational, weather permitting of course, and after a decent interval has elapsed without any reported major incident."

Jellybean old bean. 329 seats. Only way to fill those seats is with Chinese tour groups. Do the return journey and then tell me you didn't mind it. If the noise such as shouting, watching movies and playing computer games (no earphones) doesn't get you then the constant eating of yukky and smelly snacks will and if that doesn't get you then the clambering over you to get to their seat will and if that doesn't get you then the people to your left having a long conversation with the people on your right will and quite possibly all 300 of them doing all of that at the same time. Enjoy.
    Last edited by arsenal; January 4th, 2017 at 18:41.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    . . . Jellybean old bean. 329 seats. Only way to fill those seats is with Chinese tour groups. Do the return journey and then tell me you didn't mind it. If the noise such as shouting, watching movies and playing computer games (no earphones) doesn't get you then the constant eating of yukky and smelly snacks will and if that doesn't get you then the clambering over you to get to their seat will and if that doesn't get you then the people to your left having a long conversation with the people on your right will and quite possibly all 300 of them doing all of that at the same time. Enjoy.
    Crikey arsenal! You paint a very grim picture, I must say. Hmmm . . . perhaps then I’ll wait and see if your dire predictions of the apocalypse to come turn out to be true.

But didn’t I read in one of the reports there was to be a Business Class option? That is one possibility to avoid the hoi-polloi and assorted riff-raff. But, whether I’m prepared to pay hand-over-fist for the dubious pleasure of travelling the treacherous ferry route between Pattaya and Hua Hin remains to be seen.

Oh, and by-the-by, old sport, I did like your reference to me as, “old bean”. It’s very much in keeping with the old fashioned style I’ve been using in my most recent posts and it makes a change from some of the more, er . . . ah, yes, intemperate language used on other threads.

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 4th, 2017)

Liked

OK. I admit I did over egg the pudding a little. It's unlikely that all of them will be doing all of the things at the same time. But that was the only exaggeration. It's obvious that this latest attempt at this somewhat pointless ferry has banked on the boats being filled with the tour groups. No other business model is viable. Anyway you've volunteered now and you can't back out so please go and tell us how it was. By the way, very few Chinese people can swim so if the boat starts to go down make sure you grab a life jacket pretty bloody sharpish because there won't be an orderly queue.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 5th, 2017), Jellybean (January 5th, 2017)

Liked

Sorry Jellybean I forgot to mention the tour groups' guide. She will stand at the front of the boat and talk into a loud microphone for perhaps 20 minutes shortly after departure and then again for 20 minutes as you come into dock.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sadly they don't follow the Japanese tradition of merely waving little flags.

Liked

If it possible for two countries to actually be opposite then China and Japan are those two countries. But let's not get sidetracked from the main issue here. Namely that Jellybean (the special forces agent of the sexpat world) has volunteered to ride the ferry.

Liked

Jellybean..has volunteered to ride the ferry.
    A) That's gonna piss LatintopXXX off big time - and

B) I hope Jelly doesn't burn his cock on the funnel

13. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 5th, 2017)

Liked

Infamy! Infamy! arsenal has it in-for-me!

Well yes, I know, a somewhat over the top introduction to my reply, but I wanted an eye catching beginning to attract my readers attention.

Now look here arsenal, at my age, with one foot in the grave, I am more akin to Victor Meldrew than Ethan Hunt. I am most definitely not the member to risk your, er . . . mission impossible.

And I certainly did not ‘volunteer’ for this dangerous operation. What I did say, initially, was that “I would not mind being a passenger on the Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry” but that came with two very important caveats. Then you, one of our resident experts on all things Chinese, issued a dire warning of all the insufferable conditions passengers could expect to face in addition to the perfect storm and faulty and inadequate piers. Of course, being a very sensible sort of chap, I took due consideration of your warning and had a change of opinion in post #44, when I said, “Hmmm . . . perhaps then I’ll wait and see if your dire predictions of the apocalypse to come turn out to be true.”

No, I must confess, I am not the member for this highly skilled operation. If you want it to be a success and for the member to survive the journey, it will call for a young, fit, able-bodied, seafaring member. Yes, I know, we don’t have too many members who fit those particular requirements, but a few spring to mind. But we will also need one other special requirement. You warn us that . . .

. . . By the way, very few Chinese people can swim so if the boat starts to go down make sure you grab a life jacket pretty bloody sharpish because there won't be an orderly queue.
    So when the call goes out, Man the lifeboats! and Women and children first! as some here think it inevitably will, our special member will have to be the sort of chap that is not likely to form an orderly queue and whose first instincts are, “Damn the bloody women and children, that fecking life jacket’s mine!”

Well, the only uniquely gifted member that, in my opinion, meets all these rigorous physical and emotional requirements is . . . and I’m hoping that the majority of members are already ahead of me in concluding that the only suitable candidate is, and I hope he’ll forgive me for the nomination, our much maligned and misunderstood . . .

Latintopxxx

Now, that’s positively the very last comment I have to make on this topic. I believe this whole volunteer business was just a ruse by arsenal to get me to exceed my annual posting quota and thereby incur the wrath of rincondog, our Equity union shop steward. arsenal knows very well that I have a walk-on role on this show/forum. No doubt that ferocious dog will be along any minute now, barking at me to mind my place as an extra and to keep my posts to the agreed limit.

Right, I’m out of here, I have a background part as an extra in The Walking Dead, where I am a particular favourite of Scott Gimple, as no make-up is required and all I have to do is walk slower than usual and dribble a bit more than I currently do.

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 5th, 2017), Brad the Impala (January 6th, 2017), Khor tose (January 6th, 2017)