lol I cant believe that after all these weeks and the big build up and countdown to does it exist and will it sail or not that you slept in Smiles and on the big launch day too no less, as you say out scooped by Gaybuttons board - you've brought shame on the lot of us with your drunken hangover it seems ! :-) ( Mind you I wonder just who's bright idea it was to launch that service at 8am on New years day anyway - I'm sure the crew weren't too happy about having to ease off on their own new years eve celebrations - unlike Smiles it seems !!!!

Re safety and staying beside lifejackets etc, to be fair that's seems like a sturdy enough vessel and is the same model used on the Hong Kong to Macau route etc and they've proved themselves there to be (fairly) safe as I think the last major incident involving one was where it had simply crashed into another vessel perhaps rather than it having any mechanical or general safety issues. Although it's interesting to see they're offering all sailings free until the 12th - thus obviously quietly testing everything out with their free riding passengers who can't then complain much if things go awry ( or it bloody SINKS as some tired Thai sailor forgot to put the sink plug in the bottom of it again before they leave the dock some day ! )