Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Quieter bars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Quieter bars

Christian is right - if I'm going to what we oldies call a Disco and others call a Club then I know its going to be ear-splittingly loud - so many years ago I invested in special earplugs which dont simply block my ears and make me feel as if I'm underwater, they clip the overall volume and bring it to an acceptable level whilst maintaining an ability to converse. If anybody wants details then PM me.

When going to a bar, I've never encountered one where I could not take the noise level, and I think the people complaining of such need to accept that it's possibly their problem:

• Hearing Loss often results in a reduced dynamic range (the range between sounds being audible and being uncomfortably loud) - so you don't hear soft sounds so well (as you'd expect) but loud sounds become uncomfortably loud (which you might not expect)

• Tinnitus often gives rise to a condition called Hyperacusis - where loud sounds actually become unbearable

So if you have either Hearing Loss or Tinnitus then you're going to have problems in noise and if you have both Hearing Loss and Tinnitus then you're probably going to have very considerable difficulty in noisy environments - even to the extent where you simply have to avoid or remove yourself from the situation.
    Last edited by scottish-guy; October 24th, 2016 at 23:47.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 31st, 2016)