Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel

Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel

The same Tarntawan Place Hotel website is back up just like before???? Even mentions the old management company. Did the deal fall through?

Any news about Dick's Cafe in BKK or Pattaya?

Liked

I wrote to the management requesting confirmation of my February booking. I was surprised to receive a reply from Lucas; I thought he'd gone.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I have just received an email confirming my bookings for both September and February.
    The question on my mind (obviously) is will the hotel be as welcoming to gay guests as it is now?
    I'm at the Tarntawan now and I've have never seen so many women staying here. Most of the guest are from China, which seems to be true of Thailand today. The employees of hotel say they have no idea what the future holds. A return on investment means you do what you need to do to make a profit.

4. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (October 15th, 2016)

Liked

Ok I quite understand that some SGT members are quite attached to the place - but it's one hotel of many.

This thread is turning wailing, hand-wringing, and gnashing of teeth into an art form

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 17th, 2016), frequent (October 16th, 2016)

Liked

I'm told that the new owners kept 17 of the original staff on.
    5 have since left!

Liked

At least the old book is still there where the lift guy is writing down all guest information.

Liked

I don't see why the attachment of some of us to a hotel which has served our community well for so many years should be described as "hand-wringing", particularly when we are sad for the staff who have lost their jobs. One of them left a couple of days later to return home- an area which has few employment opportunities.
    For some of us, it's not "one of many" but one of a kind. And the staff to whom we've been referring are real people to us, who've given cheerful service for years.

10. User who gave Like to post:

neddy3 (October 16th, 2016)

Liked

I'm not saying you shouldn't mourn the demise of a hotel you liked staying in - but 7 pages already and I can't be bothered to count all YOUR posts Oliver.

A sense of proportion would be welcome, that's all

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm afraid I agree with Oliver and the like SG.

I'm not sure if you've stayed in TW much but the staff were more like old friends than staff. They know more about me and my times in Thailand than almost anyone else, from my first tender newbie steps there where they patiently suggested where I go, to signing in my first off, to no doubt standing back disgusted watching another farang turn into a sexual deviant with streams of guys taken back on multiple occasions on the same days sometimes and more. Likewise we shared many songkran fun and laughs over the years and also it has to be said a few rows over the years too when they perhaps stopped a few of my guests for one reason or another or when my other guests decided to wreck their rooms or caused chaos in reception for them for hours on end complete with the police being called and all sorts and whilst I slept it all off my own hangover totally unawares - and all with no more than a smile and a laugh the next morning and a "ohhh looks like you were a naughty boy again last night".

So, their demise is both saddening on a personal level for us knowing that their lives might be changing for the worse perhaps and also a little bit selfishly for myself in knowing that that segment of MY life has now stopped or changed a little - and so we're taking a collective moment to mark that change and dare I say it mourn our loss so to speak ( how about THAT for a dose of over dramatic gayness :-)

And Magmum as for that damned book now with the change in management it seems an ideal time that they should either destroy it ( as I fully expect it to be presented as evidence someday here in a UK court to prove what a sexual deviant I might be when I apply for the next vacancy as Pope or whatever etc ) OR use send it to me as a nice keepsake record of the fun I had ( and was apparently able to manage ) as a younger man, which as the months and years now whizz past all feel like some vague distant memory on so many levels these days !

Liked

Well said, Nirish. The Tarntawan was more than just a hotel - it was part of the total experience.

I also feel sorry for those guys who have lost their jobs. I was particularly fond of the elevator guy with the short hair-style and big, big smile. On my last visit I happened to notice his watch (a Seiko) and told him how nice it looked. He was over the moon. What a lovely guy!

There are other hotel choices but none will match the warm welcome I always got at the Tarntawan.