Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel

Right ! That's it, if they're changing the name from The Tarntawan Place Hotel to the Tarntawan Hotel that's it, I can never stay there again, they've ruined the whole thing now, that's it, I'm calling for a boycott !! next thing they'll be changing the all day breakfast to Breakfast all day ! Where will it ever end !!!!

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 5th, 2016), Brad the Impala (October 5th, 2016), Magnum (October 5th, 2016), Maxxy (October 6th, 2016), splinter1949 (October 5th, 2016), steveky (October 5th, 2016)

Liked

Any explanation as to why the staff members have been dismissed?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Any explanation as to why the staff members have been dismissed?
    No explanation for anything other than the change of operator. The main email was from the new management with a pdf file attached which was a copy dated 29th Sept of the announcement from The Tarntawan Place Hotel (previous operators) signed by Lucas basically stating the same info as each other. The email address for the new operator is info@tarntawansurawong. I would imagine everyone with a current booking would receive the notification.

You posted that you were there when staff received their dismissal notices, did you find out how many of the staff were let go/affected? Half, some, 90%, all? Irrespective, I'll look forward to our up coming stay there and hope that it's still as welcoming.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Maxxy (October 6th, 2016)

Liked

We were just leaving for the airport when we learnt of the fate of one of our "friends" who happens to share the home town of my boyfriend and so always chats with him.

We have a booking for February and have not received any information from the new owners, though Lucas confirmed a couple of weeks ago that our bookings remained valid.

I await with interest reports from current guests.

Liked

One report read elsewhere that Lucas is no longer with the hotel

Liked

I stayed a night at the Tarntawan Place very recently. These are my observations.

(BTW Latintop, nothing following is about riding boys like ponies, so try the next thread.)

The two guys who are the 'lift guards' were both still working at the hotel.
    They are nice guys, and one of them is extremely friendly and charming, so I was very pleased to see that they had been retained.
    The waitress at breakfast was a lady that I had met beforehand.
    However, the doormen seemed to be gone.
    And all the staff at the front desk were new. The fact that they were wearing civilian clothing rather than uniform made it obvious.
    They were friendly and pleasant, but, none of them seemed very sure about what they were doing.
    The were very slow to get things done, and had to check, check.
    The only person who seemed to be 'with it' was a lady supervisor.

It is still a nice and convenient hotel for my purposes, and the staff are nice.
    Some familiar faces remain, but some seem to be gone.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

neddy.....yawn....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3 View Post
    The two guys who are the 'lift guards' were both still working at the hotel.

And all the staff at the front desk were new.
    The one guard at the lift with the close cropped hair I always had a good chat with and was hoping he survived the cut, he was usually on during the day but my last trip he was doing the night shifts. Likewise the good looking girl at reception with the braces, I was hoping she survived the lay offs too.

Liked

The guy on the lift told me that he was leaving when his shift finished on Friday. If he was granted a last-minute reprieve, I'd be delighted.

Liked

Any word about bringing guests back to the room?