Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel

Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel

.... talk about gilding the lily

What you mean is will they be as welcoming to customers dragging back assorted prostitutes as before - and since it is located more or less in Silom my guess would be yes, if they want to stay in business.

Liked

Went online to book some October nights. Tarntawan/Ala Moana site doesn't allow for booking after September 30th. I sent an email to Lukas asking about ways to book and mentioned the internet chatter. I'll report back when/if I get a reply.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ggobob
    Try Booking.com, Hotels.com Expedia.com etc., they are all accepting bookings after 1 October...(except Agoda)!

4. User who gave Like to post:

ggobob (September 20th, 2016)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    ggobob
    Try Booking.com, Hotels.com Expedia.com etc., they are all accepting bookings after 1 October...(except Agoda)!
    Why didn't we all think of that?! Site that owns the hotel doesn't accept booking so try for third-part sites who may not have updated their information. Works for me!

Liked

I had a reply from Lukas about reservations in October and beyond. He said the Ala Moana management group was pulling out but the hotel is open and to book on line with another site. I'd note this is similar to the news that the Marriott in Pattaya is not going to continue as a Marriott but the hotel is still going to operate. Th physical hotel building is usually owned by someone/some corporation that then hires a management company to consolidate common services. This may be the case. Anyway Ill be there i two weeks.

So gerefan2's advice was good...thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I wrote to the Tarntawan Place Hotel about a booking in December and received this reply...

"Moana Hotels & Resorts will stop managing the Tarntawan Place 30 September 2016. The owning company will continue running the place under a new management and new name. Current reservations (with or without deposit) will be honoured.
    Hope you don't mind but I posted their reply to you on another board to let those guys know what was happening

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ggobob View Post
    I had a reply from Lukas about reservations in October and beyond. He said the Ala Moana management group was pulling out but the hotel is open and to book on line with another site.
    Disappointed to hear of changes as we've enjoyed the excellent level of service and continuity at Tarntawan for the last 16 years. If the management continues in a similar style after Sept 30 then no need to think about a move anywhere else in the Silom/Suriwong area. My normal Sept/Oct trip has been moved to an Oct/Nov trip this year, I have always just booked direct with the hotel never through a 3rd party, and just to confirm my November booking has been made with the 'friends' rate offered as usual.

Can always make a change nearer the time if I hear things have taken a turn for the worse.

Liked

I just booked through the hotel site for a room in December.
    Nothing changed at all, same price and conditions, and I immediately received the usual confirmation.

Liked

My booking for February (as well as next week's) were quickly confirmed....but my worry is that the hotel will not be as gay-friendly as it is at the moment. If it sees its future as catering primarily for the Chinese market there may be a subtle (or not so subtle) change.
    Are the present staff- many of whom have been there for years- being retained?

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (September 23rd, 2016), splinter1949 (September 23rd, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    my worry is that the hotel will not be as gay-friendly as it is at the moment. If it sees its future as catering primarily for the Chinese market there may be a subtle (or not so subtle) change.?
    The hotel is in a great area and could presumably generate greater profits for the new owners through a bit of longer-term upgrading. As Oliver suggests, I'd be wary of booking too far ahead until I know if there will be any major changes to its existing gay-friendly approach.

13. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (September 23rd, 2016)