Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Asia

Liked

Re: Air Asia

Another dodgy airline, this one even treats their own personell like shit. I did hear about them, but luckily never tried them. I doubt they get away with charging fees AFTER you already purchases their goods, like the check-in fee and boarding pass fee at Air Asia.

If they are, it certainly is time something is being done about it.

Edit, forgot to quote, in reaction to the ryan air remarks.

Wanted to add, being a 'low cost' airline does not give them the right to treat customers in a certain way or charging extras after the fact.

In light of this, I never book far in advance, simply because that would mean loosing flexibility. When you, like me book only a few days in advance, they aren't that less expensive as the likes of NOK or Thai Smile.

Thai Smile is heaps better and just the odd hundred baht more expensive, a no brainer really.
    Last edited by justaguy; September 9th, 2016 at 12:17.

Liked

You only need to read the Ryanair reviews on Skytrax to see that they can and DO get away with charging extras after the sale - for example if your luggage doesn't fit their (smallest in the industry?) baggage measuring device or if the weight is over by even a small amount . There's even cases where people traveling out and back with the same luggage have been charged penalties on one sector but not the other.

Likewise if you don't or can't (maybe somewhere without a printer) print off your own boarding pass then you're charged a very hefty fee for each passenger - families have been charged hundreds of euros with that particular scam. Likewise if you can't or don't check in online it's something like €50 per person penalty.

The biggest racket of all was the Credit/Debit card fees whereby they charged a significant fee (around 10€) not per booking but per PASSENGER per SECTOR !!!! They were forced kicking and screaming to knock that one on the head.

As to the "how can they get away with it" well it's all in the T&Cs you sign up to, and it's your responsibility to read them before accepting - which practically nobody does

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    You only need to read the Ryanair reviews on Skytrax to see that they can and DO get away with charging extras after the sale - for example if your luggage doesn't fit their (smallest in the industry?) baggage measuring device or if the weight is over by even a small amount . There's even cases where people traveling out and back with the same luggage have been charged penalties on one sector but not the other.

Likewise if you don't or can't (maybe somewhere without a printer) print off your own boarding pass then you're charged a very hefty fee for each passenger - families have been charged hundreds of euros with that particular scam. Likewise if you can't or don't check in online it's something like €50 per person penalty.

The biggest racket of all was the Credit/Debit card fees whereby they charged a significant fee (around 10€) not per booking but per PASSENGER per SECTOR !!!! They were forced kicking and screaming to knock that one on the head.

As to the "how can they get away with it" well it's all in the T&Cs you sign up to, and it's your responsibility to read them before accepting - which practically nobody does
    time to do something about it. It is pretty simple, I purchase a ticket to take me from A to B and once I hit the submit button and hand over my credit card, they need to get me from A to B for the price agreed. So no checkin fees, no boarding pass fees and other bollocks fees. I can relate to baggage allowance fees, but not to the previous mentioned fees, they are an essential part of getting me from A to B, therefore they should be included in the price I agreed upon.

Banned
    Liked

In regard to my own business sector ...
    Rent boys?

Liked

Justaguy - I don't disagree at all with your view on these extra charges but the fact remains that other than the EU ruling that the payment card fees be reduced and the headline price having to include taxes (which was another unavoidable "extra"), Ryanair and others have been operating this way for decades with apparent impunity.
    Last edited by scottish-guy; September 9th, 2016 at 13:34.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

other than the EU ruling that the payment card fees be reduced .........Ryanair and others have been operating this way for decades with apparent impunity.
    One other SMALL but important victory / ruling by the EU ( well for those it mattered to anyway ) that REALLY got up Ryan airs nose was the ruling that the airline ( every airline) HAD to provide FREE wheelchair assistance from the arrival at the airport to the gate and back again for passengers who require it. Ryanair especially fought this one tooth and nail and were out and out cunts about it and said almost point blank "it's not our problem if someone is disabled, book a flight or not, we don't care and we certainly aren't helping you or giving you free wheelchair use etc" - the courts begged to differ ! Even after the ruling Ryanair fought and appealed the decision right to the end - all without success I'm pleased to say and I think that one decision more than most for some reason REALLY pissed them off.

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 9th, 2016)

Liked

Yes I forgot about that one - and the ruling that they have to pay delay compensation of up to €600(?) on even a €10 ticket (though I don't know if they HAVE actually paid any compo to anybody) .

Anyhow O'Leary is still at it:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-37304650