Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dream Boys and Chinese tourists

Liked

Re: Dream Boys and Chinese tourists

Tipping in advance is an uncommon approach with frequent dividends. I picked it up years ago from a book. It has rarely disappointed, especially in Asia. if you really like the service and it won't break you, no harm in another, smaller tip at the end. It's the easiest way I know to add a star or two of service at your hotel.

That often can be said of mamasans if you expect to be a regular. I apologize for a stereotype, but there seem to be a number of ill tempered katoeys running the works at establishments. They perk up considerably with this system, save for those who sadly never will.

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 21st, 2017)

Liked

chillinother wrote:
    "Tipping in advance is an uncommon approach with frequent dividends. I picked it up years ago from a book. It has rarely disappointed, especially in Asia. if you really like the service and it won't break you, no harm in another, smaller tip at the end. It's the easiest way I know to add a star or two of service at your hotel."

I've never done that but I always tell the boy how much I am going to pay him in advance. It's those who want to underpay them who don't discuss money beforehand.. At least that' what I think.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh lord u make this so easy...I always agree on a price beforehand with MB...then proceed to deduct when MB fails...which like happens almost always...but i do play fair and let MB try to win it back...

Liked

I see there is some confusion since there is a Dream Boys is Pattaya and a Dream Boy in Bangkok.

Liked

I was in Dream Boys Pattaya the other night and there were no Chinese tourists but some sexy young men on the stage. Drink prices seemed reasonable. I'm often sat in the Scorpion Bar on Soi Twilight in Bangkok and can see the entrance of Dream Boys Bangkok but that's as near as I've got. My impression is that Soi Twilight go go bars could do with more customers.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

With Chinese New Year still a week away, I expect the flood has not yet started in Bangkok. And as the holiday in China lasts around 2 weeks, stand by!

Liked

Boyztown has a Chinese new year dragon show.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by chillnorther View Post
    Tipping in advance is an uncommon approach with frequent dividends. I picked it up years ago from a book. It has rarely disappointed, especially in Asia. if you really like the service and it won't break you, no harm in another, smaller tip at the end.
    Hi chillnorther. Where in Asia is tipping expected and where/in what situation does it help to tip in advance?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    With Chinese New Year still a week away, I expect the flood has not yet started in Bangkok. And as the holiday in China lasts around 2 weeks, stand by!
    Might the numbers be lower this year with the crackdown on zero-baht tourists? My family is coming up for the CNY festivities as I don't get time off to go home and it would be nice if we don't have to jostle with the crowds.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    The Soi Twilight bars are now mostly similar to the large rip off jewellery stores, souvenir shops and others. They are short stops on organised tours where the Chinese are given a slice of Thai life and their group leaders get commissions at every turn.
    If you think sex shows and rip-off joints represent slices of Thai life then you must hang out with a very different group of Thais!

555, I know what you're saying FH and wonder if the mainlanders know that they're being had or maybe this is what they want? I mean day-to-day life among ordinary Thais, the kind that I'm having now, is not that different from my life at home. Generous and kind people who are eager to help, friends and folks with goals, ambitions and problems similar to mine. Perhaps I would want something more exciting as a 5-day tourist than a slice of mundane Thai life?

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Sugargrandpa (January 28th, 2017), TaoR (January 21st, 2017)