Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dream Boys and Chinese tourists

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dream Boys and Chinese tourists

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    If the Chines don't take many boys off then surely the choice of boys is still there for us? OK you have to pay an extra couple of hundred baht for a drink, but if all those boys are unoffed....!
    Now there's western logic at work! And in theory you would be correct. The problem is that increasingly many farang are now put off by the rapidly increasing prices and in increasingly boring shows performed by increasingly straight guys who mostly seem increasingly bored out of their minds performing them! If the objective is just to find a nice guy to off, then you'll certainly be welcomed with open arms. If it's to have a good time, to enjoy some dancing where the guys will flirt with you, a show in which you might even have a mild interest and thereafter to off a boy, you're increasingly likely to be disappointed in all but the latter. So why bother going to the bar in the first place?

Liked

I'm not too sure that the Chinese are soley to blame for the increase in drink/off prices at Dreamboys. The canny old German has been increasing prices for years and the advent of the Chinese gay tourists may have just speeded up the price hikes.

The shows are boring, but that's just because I've seen them so many times. From what I gather, the Chinese are usually one -off visitors to LOS and so only see the show once or twice. They no doubt find them interesting.

I stay away from the Soi Twilight bars not because of the shows or the prices - it's because I have little interest in offing guys who, at the end of the day, have been working in the bars for far too many years and have become consummate pros when it comes to doing as little as possible for as much money as they can get.

The guys in the Soi Tawan area are a lot less sophisticated, if you know what I mean. They have a sense of innocence about them - not so polished,so to speak.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    During recent visits to Dream Boys, it seems that the bar is now focusing on Chinese tourists who come to see the gross and boring shows.

The place has a few stunningly handsome guys, but why is the management ignoring the interests of gay males?
    Just returned from my third August trip to Bangkok, Dreamboys is one of my favorite clubs, and I can assure the OP that the mgmt. is not ignoring the interests of this gay male! I don't mind if I'm the only farang in a club, maybe I even get a kick out of it. I am annoyed when a group of gawkers stumbles in, but it doesn't ruin my night. I have a regular captain/mamasan, as I do in my other regular stops. I teach my friends to do the same. Tip him well, let him learn your tastes, and of course he will also learn from the boys that I tip well, and what I enjoy back in the room. When he sees me enter the club, he makes room for me, regardless of how crowded with Chinese tourists the place is. When he sees me next door at Maxi's, he asks if I will be coming over, and if I'm not, I tell him when next to expect me. He knows what boy I am currently into, and that boy then is reserved. Yes, 450 baht is a lot for a drink, but I live in L.A., and that is what I'm used to. Like a447, I have enjoyed conversation with the German owner. He has the best show club, and he enjoys it. Just watch the foot traffic heading into the Soi at showtime - it mostly is headed to Dreamboys. Also like a447, I enjoy the unpolished charms of the Soi Than Tawan/Narahiwas boys, but mostly I like that I can show up next summer at Dreamboys, pick out the star of the big cock show, he will perform like pro he is, but will also be a cool guy I will genuinely like. This summer's Dreamboy even gave me an gift! I'll keep the specifics private, but it was moving and a memorable part of this year's trip. So Dreamboys is a subject of much debate, and Chinese Tourists are as well, but our experiences in Thailand are what we make them. The OP finds the shows gross and boring, I find them so-so, but my farang friend loved them! I mostly like that Dreamboys makes me feel welcome, and takes great care of me. My Dad taught me to find a favorite venue, make myself a regular, and treat everyone well. Nowhere is this more effective than Thailand. The Chinese Tourists are having their vacation, and I'm having mine!
    Last edited by annualguy; September 13th, 2016 at 14:05.

4. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 13th, 2016), catawampuscat (September 14th, 2016), fountainhall (September 13th, 2016), Nathan B (September 29th, 2016), steveky (September 14th, 2016), Tintin (September 14th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by annualguy View Post
    I have a regular captain/mamasan, as I do in my other regular stops. I teach my friends to do the same. Tip him well, let him learn your tastes, and of course he will also learn from the boys that I tip well, and what I enjoy back in the room
    I may have mentioned before that I once had a client staying for a week in a 5-star hotel. At dinner on his first evening, he told me that he had already tipped the chief concierge and the room boy as was his custom in every hotel. Thereafter, he told me, he could take whomever he wished back to his room with smiles all the way, whatever the hotel's policies!

6. User who gave Like to post:

Couple (September 14th, 2016)

Liked

I also most of the time tip them at the beginning of my stay, I do it as the service you get is upgraded by it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    BTW, have you wandered past Goodboys? Now that All of Me has closed, the guys must be feeling quite isolated in that dark soi. I hope they are still getting enough customers to keep the bar open.
    I was in Pattaya last week and can confirm all is the same at Good Boys. I did my best to ensure that Chet did not feel isolated, and even managed some time with a couple of his co-workers.

The guy with the large afro (I can never remember his name) had it well tamed this trip, but something seemed a bit off with him. Not as friendly or engaging.

Liked

Good to hear you had your hands full with the guys at Goodboys. They must be feeling abandoned now that the lights are off in the Soi. Do they have plenty of customers?

Sorry to hear about afroboy. I wonder what's wrong? He's always been so friendly and always up for it, so to speak.

Liked

Annualguy - What are the shows like at Dreamboys at the moment. Are the acrobatic fuck shows etc taking place again?

Liked

I used to go to these shows once per holiday (together with my boyfriend), see the show have one or two drinks and off we went. That was when prices were 150 baht, the last time we went, I had to pay 500 baht for two drinks, and that's the last time we ever went. And the show was indeed boring.

One thing that wonders me, according to some people on the thread, boys are not "offed" that often anymore, that must not be good news for them, I guess they have upped their prices

Liked

What tip is expected for short time with a Dream Boy? Are their prices as inflated as the drinks?