Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Current Flood Conditions for Thailand

Liked

Liked

Re: Current Flood Conditions for Thailand

I got into that rain on morning of 25.08.2016 in Chiang Mai, it ended when I had my breakfast, but some roads flooded afterwards:

DSC05791.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Bangkok Governor has been suspended. The reason is allegedly mis-spending, but a lot of people have ridiculed him for his idiotic responses to questions about the continuing flood problems and believe that may be part of the reason. One such comment after major floods in June -

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra was trolled after he asked the media not to say Bangkok was facing floods but to instead call it "water waiting to be drained".

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Governor-trips-badly-in-Bangkok-floods-30289034.html

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 27th, 2016), Surfcrest (August 28th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This has a long history for BKKians-as (one can see many old pictures with the Demo-monument flooded and boats circling around it) the former beloved mayor/governor, that frugal Buddist Chamlong (or so) made it and won all hearts by 1 simple thing then: draining and cleaning up all the canals (dont blame the spoilt to death BKKians for throwing anything in them, I guess) so after heavy rains the water pretty soon cleared away. Then some 4-5 yrs ago untill in NOVember there were the giant floods that came into the north of BKK and were halted by ''the big bags''=giant sand bags used to form a kind of impromptu dyke-and it worked, together with lots of heavy machinery, also from the army, for draining it. One may still see those completely utter useless small walls that were built before houses (useless, as the first of the waters came from the toilets and drains up-imagine how it stank). My BF of the time stayed for 2-3 weeks on the 1st floor-somewhere to the back of DMK_airport. I had another guy who was working to pay for new furniture-his room was ground floor and all was gone.
    It is a bit amazing about this current man: he is pretty closely related to the extended royal Thai family and the current president=general was /Or still is?) the general of the army-unit to protect the royal family. The rumour mill has it this is to make way for a decent post for Abhisit-who for some time worked as his advisor.