FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hua Hin resort hit by twin bomb blasts - one dead

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hua Hin resort hit by twin bomb blasts - one dead

Liked

Re: Hua Hin resort hit by twin bomb blasts - one dead

Apparently happened around 10:30pm last night. Soi Bintabat is Party Central in Hua Hin, always very busy at around that time, full of tourists. Our townhouse is about four blocks away, but we heard nothing. There should be more news about this today. Apparently one poor soul was killed ... a Thai lady who operates a Som Tum cart. Twenty or so foreigners injured.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/topstories/1059140
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

BOMBS HIT 4 THAI PROVINCES, KILLING 4 ON QUEEN’S BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY
    By Khaosod English - August 12, 2016

Two bombs went off Friday morning at a clock tower near Wat Hua Hin
    BANGKOK — At least four people have died in a string of bomb attacks across the southern region on the beginning of a long weekend vacation marking Her Majesty the Queen’s Birthday.... (read more)...
    http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/c...ueen-birthday/

Apparently coordinated attacks on Friday morning followed

Liked

Some not so pretty photos. (Both copied from a ThaiVisa thread on the HH bombings).
    I'm not particularly naive regarding incidents like this in-the-world, but it's always a shock when they happen in one's back yard.

This little corner bar in which I have knocked down numerous beers over the years.

Say no more ...

I have not yet gone downtown, so no idea whats happening. I doubt the whole city has been shut down, but certainly the Entertaiment Zone will be a lonely and forlorn neighbourhood tonight.

Liked

So, what are the Thai new agencies saying about the source of all these bombings, if they know they are all somehow connected? Is this ISIS or the continuing conflict in the South or does this have anything to do with the vote last Sunday and the results?

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    So, what are the Thai new agencies saying about the source of all these bombings, if they know they are all somehow connected? Is this ISIS or the continuing conflict in the South or does this have anything to do with the vote last Sunday and the results?

Surfcrest
    Bombs are too small in compare with typical ISIS tactic. It looks more like a domestic fighting. IMHO it is result of mafia's tensions or ultra-right wing of opposition.

Liked

Nonsense. These bombs were planned by the same group, at at least groups who have the same agenda.
    There is no 'mafia' in Thailand which works on a national scale with the exception of the Police which is by far the largest mafia of them all. So, do you think the Police did this? I very much doubt it. What would be their motive?

I have no idea which 'group'(s) had their evil little hands on this, but I'm pretty sure it is political.
    Think on this: (1) It's just a week after the nation plebiscite on the new constitution which was won essentially ~ by a landslide ~ the Army and gives them vast powers, now 'legitimised'. (2) It's the day of the Thai Queens birthday ... a celebration deeply loved by the Army. (3) It's very close to being a year now since the deadly Erawan bombing in Bangkok . . . on the Army's watch. (4) All the bombings happened in the South or South Central, all yellow-shirt country, and many parts of which have seen much violence, by the Army (and themselves), over the years.
    Last edited by Smiles; August 12th, 2016 at 15:56.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (August 12th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    IMHO it is result of mafia's tensions or ultra-right wing of opposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Nonsense.
    So, why you wrote "nonsense"?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    So, why you wrote "nonsense"?
    Because you wrote nonsense. For some odd reason I thought that was obvious.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Nonsense. These bombs were planned by the same group, at at least groups who have the same agenda.
    There is no 'mafia' in Thailand which works on a national scale with the exception of the Police which is by far the largest mafia of them all. So, do you think the Police did this? I very much doubt it. What would be their motive?

I have no idea which 'group'(s) had their evil little hands on this, but I'm pretty sure it is political.
    Think on this: (1) It's just a week after the nation plebiscite on the new constitution which was won essentially ~ by a landslide ~ the Army and gives them vast powers, now 'legitimised'. (2) It's the day of the Thai Queens birthday ... a celebration deeply loved by the Army. (3) It's very close to being a year now since the deadly Erawan bombing in Bangkok . . . on the Army's watch. (4) All the bombings happened in the South or South Central, all yellow-shirt country, and many parts of which have seen much violence, by the Army (and themselves), over the years.
    Lets hope it does not get worse.