Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Siam Thani - Heads up?

Siam Thani - Heads up?

Is there a scam going on with what used to be Siam Thani spa and hotel off thappraya road? Was walking past there this morning and met a very disgruntled guywho had made a booking over the internet, received a confimatory email, and arrived only to find th eplace closed and locked.
    As far as I know it hasn'r been a gay place for 6 months or more, but the web site is still going and on ringing the contact number i was told yes, they are still open for business. Anyone know what is really happening?

Liked
    This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time (sory for the poor guy who got ripped off). I went to the web site : gee, if I did not know the place, i would feel like going there. And look at the prices!!! :bounce:

Liked

Former associate supposedly has the web site

I have had a couple of contacts asking about Siam Thani, indicating they arrived with reservations made over the internet, and were taken instead to Le Colonial. I was advised the web site still takes reservations but the people are then placed in Le Colonial. I have no substantiation of that, merely reports from unknown people. IF it is certain that Siam Thani is definitely closed, that fact should be noted. I have been advised that someone formerly affiliated with the business has control of the web site, but not control of the premises.

G.P.

New Twist to an old joke?

You are driving on a country road and see a sign, "Granny's Whore House--10 Miles.
    Then you pass another sign, "Granny's Whore House--5 Miles.
    Then, "Granny's Whore House--1 Mile.
    A mile further, an arrow directs you up a lane.
    You arrive at a farm house: "Granny's Whore House. Open for business."
    On the porch you are directed to deposit money into an ATM.
    The door swings open, you wander through a maze.
    After a bit, you find a door.
    You open it and find yourself back out side--But there's another sign:
    YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SCREWED BY GRANNY. THANK YOU! COME AGAIN. :cherry:

le Colonial

On the website http://www.lecolonialhotel.com/location.htm on the location map, it shows le Colonial as 'Siam Thani - le Colonial'. It all looks very nice but unlike the Siam Thani website, it no longer seems directed (or solely directed) at the 'gay' tourist. :idea:

le colonial vs Siam Thani

le colonial is next to Siam Thani, as the map indicates, but the two are not linked as far as I know. Indeed, the Siam Thani car park has a large notice warning that cars parked there for le colonial will be towed away.

le colonial is also closed at the moment whilst new owners refurbish it

I have seen some occaisional activity at the Siam Thani, but always male/female couples, and certainly no cute boys in attendance.

le colonial

To my knowledge, le colonial is now owned by the owners of Howard's and will be open in a month or so.

Liked

Re: Former associate supposedly has the web site

Quote Originally Posted by GayPattayan
    I have had a couple of contacts asking about Siam Thani, indicating they arrived with reservations made over the internet, and were taken instead to Le Colonial. I was advised the web site still takes reservations but the people are then placed in Le Colonial. I have no substantiation of that, merely reports from unknown people. IF it is certain that Siam Thani is definitely closed, that fact should be noted. I have been advised that someone formerly affiliated with the business has control of the web site, but not control of the premises.

G.P.
    If you go to Utopia's website, you'll find comments from a person who exactly experienced this. As other readers pointed out, the owner of Howard owns Le Colonial now, and it is under renovation.

What has changed?

A year ago my experience of Siam Thani was a run down dump which misrepresented iteself and ripped off its guests. If the experiences detailed above are true, seems like nothing has changed in the dishonesty department. Those whose bookings were not honoured were probably mercifully spared a really dreadful experience!

The heterosexuals are welcome to the place!! Good riddance.

Lucky coincidence!

Wow - am I glad to have seen this! I had just bookmarked the site for Siam Thani last night, considering it as a likely possibility for my time in Pattaya later this year.

The website does make it look very enticing - so I thank all of you for preventing me from being a future "disgruntled" guest!

-richard