List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those that knew him Dow from Sunee, Tam Nam Issan and Morlem Concerts etc died today :-(

Liked

Re: For those that knew him Dow from Sunee, Tam Nam Issan and Morlem Concerts etc died today :-(

It does vary from country to country (and of course we can also assume that the UK puts a lot of money and effort into Aids awareness than Thailand does) and also my data came from AVERT.org and was for the period of 2005 to 2014 rather than a single year.

In the United States (which I would like to believe is a "developed" nation but sometimes I wonder if it is not becoming an "undeveloping" nation) the 13 to 29 year old group saw an increase in Aids infection and accounted for 39% of all new Aids cases in the USA.

When you hear about a young man dying of sexually transmitted diseases in another country we always try to "understand" and or "explain" the loss by coming up with some sort of "explanation" when there really isn't one....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: For those that knew him Dow from Sunee, Tam Nam Issan and Morlem Concerts etc died today :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    So, obviously, its not just the "Thai" mindset that is the problem.
    I agree - and take the point that the statistics from other countries are not good either. My 25% (more precisely 24.4%) figure also comes from Avert on its latest update of July this year. But surely 24.4% has to be a huge number that is way higher than most countries outside sub-Saharan Africa? And Avert confirms it is the young Thai guys who are now most at risk -

Prevention programmes also haven’t reached as many young MSM (compared to older MSM) meaning they are less likely to know where to obtain an HIV a test, or understand their risk.9 Even when HIV prevention is good and people are aware of the risks, there’s often a low risk perception among young men who have sex with men. This, alongside multi-partner sex fuelled by performance enhancing drugs, can result in low condom use
    http://www.avert.org/professionals/h...cific/thailand