Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Twenty years of visits and I've never been to Jomtien in the evening so....an important question for me is this; are busses easily available at 2300 or so? I have noted long queues at the temple for those travelling in the opposite direction, at least in the high season, such as it is.
I tend to visit early evening, but on Saturday we ate at The Pine had couple of cocktails and went to the Venue for first time in ages to take in the show, so at 9pm going to Jomtien from Sth Pattaya got Song Taew easily, and returning midnight likewise there were plenty passing. This is the first trip I have never encountered long traffic lines from Jomtien back to Sth Pattaya between 7-9pm, the trips were all quick and easy. As for the crowed Song Taews leaving from the bahtbus stop at the crossroads, I never take one of these, I always walk from Tukcom area along soi VC and just flag one down there. Some will go straight past if in 'taxi' mode, but I never have any problem getting one from the end of soi VC/soi 17? towards Jomtien.