Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked

Re: Brexit

"Looking forward though, with this Brexit vote...it opens the door for the world to get a whole lot nuttier than this, if Trump can beat Clinton"....SC wrote.... hopefully this will be a wakeup call for the Clinton campaign and take nothing for granted.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump/?tid=a_inl

Liked

Maybe Thailand has had it right the whole time. Democracy is fast becoming a risky path.

Surfcrest

Liked

When I arrived in Pattaya nearly a month ago I was getting around 51.5 Baht to the pound. It dropped slightly just before the referendum before recovering and then dropping to 46.5 on the result. I've just walked along Second Road and I see some of the kiosks are offering 48.00 now.

I've seen a lot worse than that over the years I've been visiting and there's nothing about the current rate that would make me revise any plans I had about short or longer visits. I'll certainly be back for a month at Christmas.

Liked

5. User who gave Like to post:

rincondog (June 26th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    if Trump can beat Clinton.
    I guess stranger things have happened, but I have a hard time actually seeing Trump win. Hell, the Clintons knew what was up the whole time:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5e2_story.html

Looks like Clinton was hoping to run against Trump in the general, so I'm sure they have a game plan to ensure they get the White House. Besides, Trump campaign doesn't have any money, whereas Clinton has lots. Plus Clinton has Obama, and his approval rating is looking quite good right now, and he's made every indication he's going to campaign like crazy for Clinton.

Liked

Re: Protests update

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I wonder how true this paragraph actually is -

Yet another politician out for his own ends - becoming Prime Minister eventually - without any true understanding of what the electorate is really thinking. This is precisely why people in general now rate politicians as little better than sewer rats. I hope he never gets near the PM's job.
    No, I prefer sewer rats.

Liked

This is getting weirder now. The EU is basically now telling the UK and hurry up and fuck off, because the Brexit vote caused quite a bit of economic turmoil.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/25/eu...eet/index.html

I guess no waiting until October. EU seems to figure since the UK voted to leave, then get the hell out asap.

Liked

I'm watching the many interviews. Even the hardened Brexiteers seem to be trying to find a way to not actually fully leave, Well that's easy. Some serious changes from the EU will justify another referendum because the terms of entry will be different.

The EU needs Britain more than Britain needs the EU. We bring something to the party that almost none of the others do. Credibility.

Liked

You must be watching different interviews than me - France and Germany telling the UK to hurry up and fuck off.

Liked

And looks like you Scottish folks may be getting another independence vote out of the deal.