Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked

Re: Brexit

So I'm meant to vote on the basis of what "the markets" say is best for me? These'll be the same banker types which plunged the world into a recession just a few short years ago. No doubt the next recession, inevitable I'm told because of the leave voters, will be along in a couple of years time. I'd rather blame the politicians who are going to create the conditions which will lead to the recession. All down to self preservation. Talk of making it hard for the UK to prevent free thinking people in their own countries from daring to make similar decisions.
    I once was naive enough to believe that voting Labour would make a difference after 20 years of the tories. Truth be told it didn't. Not one iota. I won't be falling for any of their bullshit again anytime soon.

2. User who gave Like to post:

billyhouston (July 4th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903 View Post
    So I'm meant to vote on the basis of what "the markets" say is best for me?
    Yes. Mark Cuban explains it almost perfectly here.

Liked

nothing there to change my mind.

Liked

nothing there to change my mind.
    You don't think large firms currently based in London, are debating whether or not they should begin relocating their offices to say Berlin or elsewhere in Europe? That could have a bit of a blow to the UK economy, no?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    You don't think large firms currently based in London, are debating whether or not they should begin relocating their offices to say Berlin or elsewhere in Europe? That could have a bit of a blow to the UK economy, no?
    That's the same argument as above. Happy to report that I won't bow to threats. Let's see how many actually do leave for Berlin or wherever. Obama threatened that the UK will go to the back of the queue, that a leave vote will damage the "special relationship". After the result he then said that the relationship will not change. I made my decision based on one thing only. I hate the Euro Parliament. It is corrupt to the core and I'd love to see it disbanded to stop these fucking scumbag politicians filling their pockets. The other arguments never got off the ground with me. My hatred of corrupt politicians is absolute. If I even knew who my MEP was I'm happy in the knowledge that he'll have to find some other way of making his illicit gains. The House of Lords is another waste of space that needs blown up (figuratively speaking). I'd vote for any party which campaigned on that alone.
    I vote for stuff I believe to be right, not with one hand on my bank card.

Liked

That's the same argument as above. Happy to report that I won't bow to threats.
    They are not threats. They are realities, and realities you Brits now have to live with, as does the rest of the world.

Looks like Vodafone is even going to move its HQ out of the UK, let alone god knows how many other companies. Wasn't one of the primary reasons for voting to leave was because immigrants were stealing jobs? Well, now all the jobs are leaving and going to the EU.

What happens if boys like JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs decide to pick up, and head over to mainland Europe as well? Then the UK economy is really fucked.

Liked

I'm to worry about banker wankers like Morgan and Sachs? Ain't gonna happen.
    just curious, who are the big banks backing in the upcoming US elections?

Liked

Another one bites the dust, Nigel Farage stands down.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage stands down - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36702468

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    Another one bites the dust, Nigel Farage stands down
    Hardly a surprise! He doesn't have a seat in the UK parliament and very soon he won't have one in the European parliament either. Presumably he'll go back to finance and futures trading and ripping off investors like many of the others in that little game.

Liked

The UKIP story would appear to be all but over. Hard to see what they can have to say once we are officially out of the EU.