Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked

Re: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Faranglaws' post reminds me of the old saying.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool rather than to say something and remove all doubt."
    I hope you mean Boris, and not my humble self.

Liked

No faringlaw I mean you. That is if you genuinely believe Cameron possesses less than the sharpest of minds. Which I'm sure you don't.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The scene at Boris's bunker when the results came in!

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Faranglaw (July 3rd, 2016), Moses (July 3rd, 2016), splinter1949 (July 2nd, 2016), Tintin (July 2nd, 2016)

Liked

Well so far I have noticed no discernible difference to my life, so what's the big deal?

Liked

Judging from a post on another forum, you'll see a difference if you travel to Thailand. Apparently, you'll be getting 10% less for the pound.

Also, flights to Thailand may be more expensive if fuel prices go up.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    They're gong to become more expensive anyway even though fuel stays at the same price or lower. Flights departing ex the UK still have to make a return back to the UK. Landing fees, parking fees, salaries for workers at those overseas destinations, etc. are all priced in the higher local currency and not in sterling. So UK airlines' costs will rise.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Judging from a post on another forum, you'll see a difference if you travel to Thailand. Apparently, you'll be getting 10% less for the pound.

Prices change all the time. I've seen many price rises throughout the time we have spent within the EU so nothing different this time. I take it every price rise and every job which is lost and every change in interest rates etc etc is now going to be blamed on Brexit. Sorry but it's all bollox.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903 View Post
    ...... etc etc is now going to be blamed on Brexit. Sorry but it's all bollox.
    You don't see the connection between Brexit and the sudden fall of the pound and the accompanying price rises??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903 View Post
    Prices change all the time. I've seen many price rises throughout the time we have spent within the EU so nothing different this time. I take it every price rise and every job which is lost and every change in interest rates etc etc is now going to be blamed on Brexit. Sorry but it's all bollox.
    And you do understand that the Uk hasn't ACTUALLY left the Eu YET don't you ? So a lot of the negative stuff that's being forecast is still to come when the two year ticking time bomb starts it's detonation sequence with the results that follow thereafter merely adding to wherever we're at by then. Or of course either NOTHING could happen ( beyond doubtful) or we'll all romp to riches as a stand alone Country ( also very doubtful IMHO) - but we'll see, but to suggest "it's all bollox" certainly is quite mistaken.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    No faringlaw I mean you. That is if you genuinely believe Cameron possesses less than the sharpest of minds. Which I'm sure you don't.
    '

Point taken. It was a joke. Don't take it too seriously.