Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Brexit

Liked

Re: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1903 View Post
    The UKIP story would appear to be all but over. Hard to see what they can have to say once we are officially out of the EU.
    From the sounds of things it will be, "whoops, sorry for fucking over the entire country for cheap political gain".

Actually, that's wrong. They will probably just scurry off and disappear like the rats they are, which they're obviously already doing. They won't say anything.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    From the sounds of things it will be, "whoops, sorry for fucking over the entire country for cheap political gain".

Actually, that's wrong. They will probably just scurry off and disappear like the rats they are, which they're obviously already doing. They won't say anything.
    I'd say that most of the UKIP faithful do actually believe what they are saying and thinking, rightly or wrongly. If you want cheap political gain then you need to start thinking Boris. If you want "fucking the country over", Jesus where do I begin?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Leadership of Britain's ruling Conservative party will now fall to a woman once again, depending on which of the final two candidates the a few hundred thousand grandees in the country vote for. The surprise candidate is the inexperienced Andrea Leadsom. Despite her coming far behind Home Secretary Teresa May, the fear is that this rabid right-winder and reading Brexit supporter could cause a great many more problems, not least for the gay community.

Leadsom, a committed Christian, is regarded as a straight-talking right-winger, and gave a series of interviews on Thursday in which she said she was sceptical about gay marriage and would reintroduce fox-hunting — two causes célèbres of the Tory right.
    Ss says an article in yesterday's Guardian newspaper. Of course, Leadsom says she is now converted to equal marriage - but as we have seen throughout this entire desperate Brexit farce, so many politicians have said one thing but acted on another. Damn them all!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/07/theresa-may-andrea-leadsom-tory-leader-prime-minister

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Leadership of Britain's ruling Conservative party will now fall to a woman once again, depending on which of the final two candidates the a few hundred thousand grandees in the country vote for. The surprise candidate is the inexperienced Andrea Leadsom. Despite her coming far behind Home Secretary Teresa May, the fear is that this rabid right-winder and reading Brexit supporter could cause a great many more problems, not least for the gay community.

Ss says an article in yesterday's Guardian newspaper. Of course, Leadsom says she is now converted to equal marriage - but as we have seen throughout this entire desperate Brexit farce, so many politicians have said one thing but acted on another. Damn them all!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/07/theresa-may-andrea-leadsom-tory-leader-prime-minister
    She sounds quite loathesome. In a way I'd want her to win as I believe she is the weaker candidate and I utterly despise the tories thus potentially making them more prone to defeat next time out. Only problem with that is the state of the other shit party.

Liked

In the wake of their "victory", there are many reports that some of the victorious brexit factions have stepped up their campaign of racist abuse and attacks.

Meanwhile - seen in the last few days outside a Coffee Shop in Portobello (which despite its name is in Edinburgh and not the Mediterranean )

EdinburghCoffeeShop.jpg

EEJIT = Idiot
    Last edited by scottish-guy; July 9th, 2016 at 18:49.

6. User who gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (July 9th, 2016)

Liked

Talking Re: Brexit

looks like we will soon be back to 2008 Exchange rates!
    Seems like the Brexit was good for something after all!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The guy [Corbyn] is TOAST
    Umm, you were saying... ? !!

Liked

Don't understand the point you are making Tobi - are you suggesting that Corbyn can survive this crisis long-term?

I stand by my opinion that he's toast - and we'll see soon enough. In the meantime I suggest that apparently crowing about you being right is simply ludicrous.

I also observe that despite your vigorous assertion that, as the incumbent he is absolutely certain to be on the ballot paper in the upcoming contests, there is a huge question mark over that - with the NEC due to make a decision tomorrow and Corbyn hinting that he may have to take legal action if the NEC decision doesn't go the way he wants.

It seems to me that in your desperation to shout "look at me", you're oblivious to what's actually happening in this drama.

Maybe three Scots winning titles at Wimbledon was just too much for you yesterday

Liked

So.....now the Labour Parrty NEC has ruled that Corbyn can be on the ballot paper without the endorsement of 51 MPs and the faction challenging him are threating legal action to get him back off the ballot paper.

You couldn't make this up (unlike all my travels to Thailand as MiniMee will tell you)