Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’

Liked

Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’

Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’
    by Asian Correspondent Staff | 23rd June 2016 |
    THAILAND’S Immigration Bureau now requires foreigners nationwide to provide extensive personal information. In the widely criticized ‘Foreign National Information Form’, foreigners are asked to provide bank account details, social media accounts, frequently visited places, and other details.... (read more)...
    https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/...igration-form/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’

This piece of utter idiocy was announced some months ago and met with all the contempt it deserves. May it wrap the bureaucrats up in knots trying to work out why so many foreigners visit mickeymousebigears.com and donaldduckquackquack.com so frequently.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 23rd, 2016), christianpfc (June 23rd, 2016), splinter1949 (June 25th, 2016)

Liked

Re: Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’

To read the Thaivisa.com report: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/..._campaign=news

I have received information from 3 fellow expats that visited Pattaya Immigration during the last couple of days - they confirm the form is being handed out for completion - for those renewing extensions and making 90 day address report - Thaivisa indicates it is also being required for those getting re-entry permits.

Liked

I presume this nonsense is for foreigners residing in Thailand, not tourists on visa exemption ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I presume this nonsense is for foreigners residing in Thailand, not tourists on visa exemption ?
    Go in for a 30 day extension and see what happens.

Liked

Its a nonsens, thats all. I renewed my year-visa in Jomtien last month........and nothing had really changed.

Liked

The form was first introduced at Immigration on June 22.

I visited twice last week - on Tuesday to renew extension of stay and on Wednesday to pick up passport and do 90 day address report. On Tuesday morning, they were not handing out the form; nor was anyone asking for it at the retirement desk. On Wednesday, picked up passport, usual process - when I went for queue number for 90-day, the Imm. Officer started to hand me the form saying "bring back next time" - I said I already had the form completed and did she want it; answer was no, give to Officer at 90-day desk. Procedure as usual for 90-day. I was not asked for the form, but when I offered it, he took it and placed it on a stack with others. I have received information from 2 or 3 others that went in last week - similar experiences - some were handed form, some were not - none of the officers at the desks were asking for the completed form.

It appears Jomtien Immigration is just handing out the form (sometimes) and no one is asking for it, but will take it without looking at it if offered.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (July 4th, 2016)