Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
Aussie: did you Viet friend say why he didn't recommend pink Tulip? Did you prefer the Silverland Central or Lan Lan hotel?
I mentioned the PinkTulip hotel to my friend when I was making my hotel bookings and he said the Lan Lan hotels were better. He did not say anything bad about the Pink Tulip Hotel but I took his advise. Silverland was good but a bit expensive so I have stayed at the Lan Lan 2 hotel on three ocassions with a room at the very back of the hotel which also guarantees a window. It would be 3 star at the most but big, clean, quiet rooms and I liked the attitude of the staff. I never had to worry about guests visiting me at anytime of the night. Apparently the Lan Lan 1 Hotel is also quite good. I like walking so the location is better than Pink Tulip for me to go to the market, shops and walking street without the need for a taxi. There are plenty of more expensive and higher quality hotels in HCM city but I cannot report on their attitude towards guests so I will stick with Lan Lan.

Only my opinion but one place you can avoid is the Chill Sky Bar in HCM City - 300K or more dong for a drink and I had a big run in with the bar manager there. The place is packed most nights with nearly every table reserved and they keep moving you on so it is difficult to stand in one spot, We finally found a place at the end of a table with no reservation sign to rest our drinks for a moment and the manager came straight over and rudely told us to move on. I should have kept quiet as the security staff are rather mean looking but I gave him a burst and told him what I thought of his overpriced, overcrowded and unpleasent bar. We left without any more problems and never to return.