Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese food in Pattaya

Liked

Chinese food in Pattaya

I'd be very interested to hear of any recommendations in respect of excellent Chinese food in Pattaya. For years I favoured the Chinese restaurant at the Royal Cliff and the Nam Sing on second road. The Nam Sing did not impress me on either of my two visits to Pattaya this year.

I will be returning to Pattaya imminently so would welcome any recommendations.

I'll be staying in Jomtien again. Any new culinary discoveries in Jomtien we should know about? I must try the pie shop near the Complex. I hope it's still open. Cannot recall what it is called but I remember its corner location.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Chinese food in Pattaya

out of interest what hotels do u normally stay whilst in pattaya

Liked

The pie shop is called Tinnies. Hard to beat the Chinese restaurant at the Royal Cliff. There is a new Chinese restaurant under construction near Tinnies that appears to be more up-market.

Liked

Thanks for the assistance with the name of the pie shop; I was trying to recall it.

Latin, I move around between BT and Sunee when it comes to accommodation. No particular favourite.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Have you tried the new mall along Second Road? I'm pretty certain I saw a decent-looking Chinese restaurant there when I had a quick look a few weeks ago.

Liked

Many thanks Oliver2.

The last time I was in Pattaya was June so I'm not sure that I know where the new mall is. I know the location of Royal Garden, The Avenue, Mike's and Central next to the Hilton but cannot recall any others.

Incidentally, while closely examining Google maps (satellite), I noticed that just off Walking Street there is clearly marked one... "B.J. Alley". Now, I wonder what services could be on offer down that dark recess??!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Get the baht-bus to Big C in 2nd Road, remain on board for another kilometre or so, approaching Dusit.. You won't miss the mall, on your right; it has a full sized aeroplane outside, an Eiffel Tower inside and much else! it's huge. Terminus 21 is the name, I believe. Worth a visit for its restaurants alone...which we find more varied than those at Central . As well as more numerous.
    Predictably, it's popular among Chinese tourists. That part of north Pattaya looks like any European city nowadays. Not a compliment.

8. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (March 3rd, 2019)

Liked

Terminal 21, just like the Terminal 21 in Bangkok. Many restaurants, highly recommended.

10. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (March 3rd, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    Terminal 21, just like the Terminal 21 in Bangkok. Many restaurants, highly recommended.
    Even if I dk the new one in Patters, I have been many times-even last week, in the BKK T21, and yes, its-alas-hugely populair with the budget chinese tourist crowd-also with the budget falang bekpek-crowd, but the food, whilst very cheap (cheaper as the usual streetfood) is not good, its bad. What else can you expect from mass produced stuff for non-Thai. Cooks/staff (at least in that foodcourt) are mostly burmese-they can speekee the angkrit better.
    It also has a host of the usual Thai chain restrts,like Jeffers-steak and pasta- and a host of JPNese-themed fast delivery. AND, yes, it has 2 of what they claim to be Michelin starred streetfoodvendors from HongKong, which however do not seem to be favoured by those chinese.
    If even asking about chinese food state what type-there are huge differences between the -throw loads of pepper in anything-sechuan, the bleak non-tasty flourballs from Beijing (salabao lookalike). Plus if the prospective foodie is chinese or not-that also seems to make loads of difference. For some reason-that was also the case in mainland China-all tipical chinese restrts to me look as unattractive as possible, even near to what it was in mao-communist times.

12. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (March 2nd, 2019)

Liked

The Chysanthemum Restaurant in the Royal Cliff has been much reduced in size in recent years and is no longer quite such an attractive environment in which to eat. The staff, however, remain very attentive (in all senses - a previous maitre d' once arranged for me to meet one of the waiters after hours) and the food is of a very high standard. The Chinese restaurant on, I think, the top floor of the Dusit offers an excellent all-you-can-eat dim sum buffet every day.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]