List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have the Arabs coffee houses disappeared, now the Hookah and Shisha smoking banned

Liked

Have the Arabs coffee houses disappeared, now the Hookah and Shisha smoking banned

Several recently returned visitors have indicated the demise of the "smoking" lounges that seemed to dominate the streets around Sunee.

The huge problem after those lounges were the teen motor bike riders, that were allowed to speed day and night with no police interest

One trader said that after Ramadan there could be a fall off. However my friends have stayed at Mosaik and the Arab families seem to still be coming.

There was some disagreement about Shisha bars in soi 1 Boyztown Maybe they have been withdrawn.

But if the Arabs lose their shisha bars will this be enough to see them look elsewhere?

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Banned
    Liked: 1

Re: Have the Arabs coffee houses disappeared, now the Hookah and Shisha smoking banned

I still see the Arabs smoking the Hookah, although it is now "ordered" and delivered to the Bar.

The Eldorado has changed to a Arabic themed Bar .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Have the Arabs coffee houses disappeared, now the Hookah and Shisha smoking banned

Well thank heavens they are going to be around, last time in Pattaya I hooked up with one in his mid twenties...what a delight he was. So butch in public but an absolute bottom man pussy behind closed doors.

Liked

The demise of these bars near Sunee has not helped the attractiveness of that area. I sometimes stroll past the new Paradise Hotel and across Soi VC and from there around Sunee. Now, the area is dark and depressing. Crazy Dragon used to light-up Sunee but now that sign is dark, too. You have walk fifty or so meters up the soi before you reach any sort of activity....on my last visit, that consisted of the guys outside Good Boys.
    I forecast that this would be the result of the ban while others were celebrating the end of the Arab presence in the area.....well, you got what you wanted; satisfied?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by garypattaya View Post

Just checked Nickys map Could not find it I thought it was opposite the pool
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

now that u mention good boys....isnt the talent available lounging on the bikes out front just scary???

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by garypattaya View Post

Really? Could someone verify please.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

ElDorado does have a new owner. There is a sign with Arabic lettering also a sign with "Paris" in the wording. Something like Cafe Paris (French pronunciation of course).

Guess there will no longer be any pork on the menu?

Liked

Just been thinking that perhaps the new owners of El Dorado are Lebanese which could explain usage of Arabic and Paris in their signs? Beirut/Lebanon is known as the Paris of the Middle East.

Liked

I saw a post on Gaythailand forum that the new owner of the old ElDorado is Iranian and the English name is New Pars. So much for Paris!