List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wild rumours on the net suggesting Warrick from Colonial has left suddenly for New Zealand

Liked

Re: Wild rumours on the net suggesting Warrick from Colonial has left suddenly for New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    Rumours are spreading that Warrick has left the Sunee Plaza in a hurry, leaving unpaid rent and large sums of money unpaid.

More info is likely to come forward, but it will be interesting to hear if Colonial is open tonight.

Will locals please check this out
    Hope its not true..

Banned
    Liked: 1

Re: Wild rumours on the net suggesting Warrick from Colonial has left suddenly for New Zealand

I have known Warwick Shingleton more than 7 years, I am shocked if the rumours are true, however I believe there must be more to the story.

Warwick ran the Baan Dok Mai Guesthouse at the back of Tuk com for nearly 8 years before buying the Colonial.

I doubt very much knowing Warwick that he'd be the type just to " run away" from it all.
    Nobody knows the full story nor even knows if he has even left Thailand ?

Warwick has family both in New Zealand and his adult children in Sydney Australia, maybe he has urgently gone back to see them.

I doubt that he's "short of a quid" knowing he owns Real Estate both in New Zealand and in Sydney Australia which he receives rental income.

However before we jump to rumours there maybe urgent family reasons for his urgent departure.
    Last edited by garypattaya; June 7th, 2016 at 13:03.

Liked

I'm curious now, what are the rumors? Purely financial reasoning to shut shop and leave so quickly, or???

Maybe he ended up in bed with the wrong guy? I can see how that could turn very ugly, very quickly. There's a reason I have not yet let a single Thai guy I've hooked up with know where I live. So far, since at this house it's been curtain motel or nothing.

Liked

This has just been posted to gaybutton forum

#1 JUNE TAKE CARE QUIZ (Ex-Colonial Quiz) June 12th.

lemondrop ยป Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 am
    The June Take Care quiz which was due to take place at the Colonial Bar will now take place at All of Me. The quiz will have exactly the same format as previous Colonial quizzes, with the same question master (Roger).The event will start at 9pm.
    Please let all your friends and quiz regulars know of this change of venue. Thanks to Gary for letting us use his bar.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    This isn't the first time you've posted clueless bullshit. I hope it's the last. What are you trying to do, become the next LMTU, posting crap in reality you know nothing about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    If the trolls start coming out of the woodwork...
    “One thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside.” ― John Lennon

Liked

Anyone know the status of the rooms for rent? I would imagine at least several of them were occupied. If they are still being used, it would indicate closing the bar might be temporary.

Warrick has has been a long time fixture around Pattaya. I hope everything is ok for him...

Banned

I guess there are those who like to spread malicious rumours and know they are not true.

Rumours were also spread about the two guys who owned the Bondi and left suddenly recently.
    Some of the rumours were quite malicious and just gossip and chinese whispers.

If anyone wants to get into conspiracies according to Trip Advisor the new Australian owner of Baan Dok Mai also left suddenly on June 3rd ( apparently same day as Warwick) bound for Sydney,giving his custmers 1 hour notice !

The Colonial seems to be one of the bars in Sunee which is financiallly viable.
    That said it does have a chequered history with its former owner "Mike" also fleeing to God knows where.
    I will never firget the Irish owner of O'Briens Restaurant and the large Cafe in Day night who fled Pattaya overnight never to be seen again.

But in this case I doubt very very much Warwick has left Pattaya for good.
    Last edited by garypattaya; June 8th, 2016 at 00:52.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"The Colonial seems to be one of the bars in Sunee which is financiallly viable."

Mmm...really...often looked empty when I went past...

Banned

This was a post made on April 1st by Lonely Wombat.

Has Colonial started to go downhill
    I posted excellent recommendations re the Colonial Bar and the rooms attached to the bar.
    Recently in conversations on email, it had been suggested the standards had dropped.
    I cannot put a time or a suggestion forward but my friend just back from Pattaya suggested that after the mature age bar manager left, things got worse.
    Furniture has got dirty, staff sit with feet on the chairs, service is slow and not up to standard.
    Songkram is coming soon and the the quiet season. I really hope the owner looks at this closely and fixes.By Lonely Wombat

Forum's veteran
    Liked

When the air conditioning was removed, it was the kiss of death. Boy bar owners doing a
    runner, all too common. Bar was stripped clean of everything of value. Depressing end.