List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Pattaya bar scene/clubs/late night venue updates?

Liked

Any Pattaya bar scene/clubs/late night venue updates?

On my way to Thailand but will not be in Pattaya for a few days yet as visiting elsewhere in the Kingdom first, so just looking for any current updates on BT/Sunee/Jomtien bars but more especially late night venues/clubs like NAB, TamNanChon/Issan/Pluang Mai.....and if there are any new 'in' places for the previously fickle gay crowd before we land there. One or two Pattaya lads who keep in touch tend to prefer visiting Walking Street clubs/discos now like 808/Walk St Pub/Mixx etc...

Trip reports and posts with current updates very few and far between here nowadays, but hoping any expats, members there now or have visited recently can offer some info.

Liked

Re: Any Pattaya bar scene/clubs/late night venue updates?

Sorry, newalaan. You are getting there before me so no current info from me. But will be interested to hear anything you deem report-worthy as I will be there toward the beginning of July.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone View Post
    Sorry, newalaan. You are getting there before me so no current info from me. But will be interested to hear anything you deem report-worthy as I will be there toward the beginning of July.
    I've had a couple of PMs/emails from members/former members in reply, but there aren't many here who seem to be into the late night scene nowadays, I always found it handy to get current info before a trip to save spending 'valuable' night/nights visiting some venue which turns out to be very disappointing and the info here used to always be spot on in that regard. Fortunately Pattaya is compact enough to move from one venue to the other without too much time loss and hassle (unlike Bkk). I'll still be in Thailand/Pattaya in July might see you around some of the bars.

Liked

I always avoided that risk by limiting my visits exclusively to Tam Nam Isan. . Lol

This trip is going to be interesting to see how things shake out as a single guy again.

Hope me to run into you at some point.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jesus the bar guys aren't going to know what's hit them, I'm guessing it's going to be like a sex tornado hitting Pattaya once Anon arrives this trip ! :-) Mr jealous - only a little ( a lot ! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Jesus the bar guys aren't going to know what's hit them, I'm guessing it's going to be like a sex tornado hitting Pattaya once Anon arrives this trip ! :-) Mr jealous - only a little ( a lot ! :-)
    Lol. High praise from the master.

I am willing to bet that at some point during my trip, a sexy Thai guy will ask me "where is Nirish?"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Alas I'll be a mere shadow and a former memory of one who they plundered so readily - and in my case willingly :-)

I was half debating a quick ten days maybe at the end of July but honestly I just can't seem to get up the energy to be arsed these days. I made the mistake earlier this evening of watching two or three episodes of a programme about the Australian Embassy in Bangkok where they are required to help their citizens in need when they get in diffs - and honestly after watching the farang getting stung again and again in scam after scam after scam, right from thieves down to the police up ( as if there's much difference anyway !) I just "ah could I even be bothered putting myself through any drama just now" - and all for a shag and a good massage or ten -and the answer so far is no.

And before anyone says "but why would you worry or fear being scammed now more than before, it's not that as such or at all, it's just the whole rose tinted glasses thing falling off and what used to look amazing now looks tainted and just so great and even in that programme tonight farang who'd lived there 10 years getting were about to be deported (almost) just for painting their charity's building (for free) as they help out there - but as they'd had had a row with some neighbour BOOM - you're arrested, you not have work permit to be ( free) painter ( for a Thai charity) and it was of course only the fact that they or someone paid up the line handsomely no doubt that saved their asses and their Thai wives and children from losing their husbands. And yes I know those things happen every day and have done for years but I'm just at the point of "aye whatever Thailand, you can just keep it"

But we'll see, July isn't that far away perhaps ......
    Last edited by Nirish guy; June 11th, 2016 at 08:29.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I was half debating a quick ten days maybe at the end of July but honestly I just can't seem to get up the energy to be arsed these days
    Surely there has to be more than just that one programme that tilted your thinking? If you are not returning to Pattaya its death-knell can surely not be far away.

it's just the whole rose tinted glasses thing falling off and what used to look amazing now looks tainted
    Could this be one reason for the fall off in other gay tourists, as mentioned in another thread?

in that programme tonight farang who'd lived there 10 years getting were about to be deported (almost) just for painting their charity's building (for free) as they help out there - but as they'd had had a row with some neighbour BOOM - you're arrested, you not have work permit to be ( free) painter ( for a Thai charity)
    Also a pet beef of quite a few expats living here. With time on their hands, they can't even donate that time to work for a bloody charity! Seems madness. The education department has just announced another of its regular shake-ups to improve the disastrous quality of English-speaking in Thailand - the worst in ASEAN. Although not a qualified teacher, I'd happily donate a few hours a week to to take a class in English speaking - and pay my own transport costs. But the rules say that would be working - even for no pay. Idiots!

9. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (June 11th, 2016)

Liked

But here's the thing - expats who've lived in Thailand for any length of time and even those of us who've never lived there and only visit as tourists, all know perfectly well that you cannot do any paid or unpaid work without a permit - that, quite straightforwardly and whether we agree with it it not, is the law of the land which we have chosen to live in or visit.

So what you actually have in these cases are not "victims" but people wilfully and recklessly breaking the law because they think they won't get caught or, more likely, grassed-up.

Incidentally, I also think that children should be taught by professional teachers, and not by enthusiastic amateurs no matter how well intentioned or erudite they might be - and that includes these people who rock up to language schools clutching these extremely questionable and totally meaningless fifty quid online TEFL "qualifications" via Groupon!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In an ideal world you might be right re the teachers thing SG but if there ARE no teachers, something is surely better than nothing and yes again you're right about the dodgy certificates, but the children even just being around people speaking english and trying their amateurish best to teach it is again imho better than nothing perhaps.

Re the people wifely breaking the law if you mean people in general then perhaps but in this case this was a father and son who have lived in Thailand for 10 years, with thai wives and children who opened a Thai art charity ( making cheap printed design tee shirts) and then selling them within the charity to help children who had been caught up in the sex industry. They HAD work permits to allow them to do this but as "painting" wasn't listed as one of the things they were allowed to operate ( I'm assuming like a painting and decorating business as a Thai could of course do that) then even though they were just helping a friend in their charity paint their building ( for free) then BOOM, one fight with a neighbour and that was enough for them to be arrested and on the verge of being deported, until the embassy stepped in and one of them knew a senior immigration officer who stepped in ( and no doubt took a slice of the action but instructed them to be released - IF they pleaded guilty and signed away their right to appeal (leaving whoever free to pocket their money no doubt). So whilst that was just one case, in the programme it's just one after another after another.

And your "oh it's people breaking the law" etc, that's all fine until it's some policeman standing in front of YOU making up some bullshit, either with his hand out or taking money from some other and fucking up YOUR life while he's in the process. And don't get me wrong it's nothing that I and we all haven't been aware of for years of course but it just seems to be getting more and more prevalent, or maybe it's just irking me more as I get older as the realisation sets in that we ARE just a means to an end for them to scam, rob, deceive, legally rob and generally play with at their choosing - and all just so that we can get a fuck, well no harm to them, I can get a fuck in other countries without the drama ( thank god). To be fair I;m sure the other countries are no better - but i don't KNOW that and haven't experienced it, whereas in Thailand on several thankfully very minor levels I have - and don't like it.