Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China's gay app Blued taps into pink economy

Liked

Re: China's gay app Blued taps into pink economy

Fountainhall: I've lived in China for the past 5 1/2 years. OK, So let's agree to disagree.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Fountainhall: I've lived in China for the past 5 1/2 years. OK, So let's agree to disagree.
    My comments re your experience are therefore out of order and I apologise. But I have to stick by my own observations from visiting various parts of China, Beijing and Shanghai quite regularly, as well as those of my friends in those cities and Hong Kong. That said, I'll agree to disagree.

Liked

Fountainhall. You can't include Hong Kong as China because it just isn't. I know ex-pats who would happily nuke the mainland but adore Hong Kong. Whatever your experience I have to tell you it is very much at odds from that of the four cities I have lived in and the ex-pats I have met. Perhaps the next time you visit anywhere in Asia that isn't China you might like to ask the people there what they think about the Chinese. But if you do, brace yourself because you won't like what you hear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Fountainhall. You can't include Hong Kong as China because it just isn't.
    With respect I never suggested such an inclusion. I lived in Hong Kong for 21 years. I still run a company there and am there every couple of months. I am well aware of many Hong Kong people's views about the mainland. I was referring to my earlier comment re the views of my gay friends who live in Hong Kong. Sure there are hoards of Chinese package tourists whom Hong Kong would be very glad to see the back of - except they want their cash! Thailand also now suffers from this phenomenon. That does not negate my comments and those of my friends in Hong Kong that there is now a substantial number of handsome Chinese gays in their 20s and 30s who visit, often on week-end shopping trips, who pack the bars and saunas, and have nothing to do with the cheap tourist groups. I myself have met quite a few there.

Liked

OK we're coming to a meeting point here although you did mention Shanghai and Beijing. With regards to exclusively the gay Chinese. In my experience they range more dramatically than anywhere I've visited. From camper than a row of tents in Great Yarmouth (think a dozen twinks running around a bar having a balloon fight, true} to many who are very straight acting often married (unhappily) with a child.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm glad our views are closer. You will certainly have far more experience of the unhappily married gays than I. I can fully understand that these guys let themselves go to seed pretty quickly as they have almost no route to any form of personal happiness and sexual satisfaction. I can't help comparing their plight with that of a really nice 32 year old Japanese I met in the 24 sauna in Shinjuku 3 years ago. Although not as slim as some, he looked younger than his age. But he, too, had felt forced to marry at a young age and lived with his wife and 2 kids. But he was either at work or commuting all week. Sunday he attended to family duties but Saturday was his day and he spent it in various gay hangouts. We had a great, extended time together. China just does not offer gay and bisexual men these kind of facilities.

Liked

I get a couple of offers weekly (I really do) from Chinese gay men. I turn down 90% (I really do) because they are simply not my type. And if the guy is over 30 I often don't even bother to reply because I have yet to meet a Chinese person of that age who I like the look of, sexually that is.
    Last edited by arsenal; June 7th, 2016 at 11:32.