Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All of me

Liked

Unhappy All of me

I saw in another forum that "all of me" in Sunee Plaza is making an effort to make everyone welcome, etc.,,etc...... OK, after 25 trips to Thailand since 1987 this will only be my second trip to Pattaya. Which I have fallen for - BUT, a big but - last year I did not make it to Sunee. I planned to do so this year - perhaps , my first night - June 1.

But explain to me, please, how "everyone is welcome" works when one of the promotions requires, " at least one Thai in the party." Yeah, OK it is Thai night out - got that part. But, this is a bar not a museum - it's fine with me that Thai spend less to get into their national museums than I do. But a bar? Not feeling the love .

There has to be a reason for me to leave Boyz Town, go right past Toy Boys and Funny boys and walk over there - this won't do it. I rush to say I go out alone, probably don't need any kind of promo - but, honestly do you need to advertise how welcome I am and then begin to list the ways I'm not?

Liked

Re: All of me

Where did you see this? On GB there is a post about this but no mention of duel pricing,

Liked

"Duel Pricing"?

If the customer wins the duel, I guess the bar tab is ripped up?

Liked

"duel" vs dual - good one. Yes, GB scroll down where they list the type of promotions and you will get to "Thai night" fare enough stated. But, if I pay more as a lone Farang then they don't get my business . In fact, last trip I was very loyal to Toy Boys because the manage bought me free drinks as the evenings would go on - that is how one runs a bar!

Liked

Paborn, don't be such a jerk. The 700 Baht "set" is for a bottle to be shared with at least one Thai, just ask one of the staff to participate if you can't find another Thai of your own.. Do you want to drink it all yourself? All of Me offers a number of other specials including reduced prices for happy hour before 9 pm. Point is to have some fun and not act like some sort of sourpuss which you are coming across as. Better you stay in Boyztown and spare the rest of us your parsimony and your presence.

6. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (May 24th, 2016)

Liked

Paborn, while you're busy being critical of the one of the few bars actually trying to do some different things to make the bar more of a fun place to be, notice that the "Thai Night" event doesn't begin until 10pm. I suppose I should have made it clear, but I thought it was obvious - for that event he's not especially trying to attract farang. He's experimenting. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't. But so far he's been succeeding. Don't take my word for it. Next time you're in Sunee Plaza, see for yourself which beer bar is getting significantly more business than most of the other beer bars.

He's putting on that event mainly for the Thai boys, which is why if a farang wants to go, he needs to bring at least 1 Thai boy with him in order to get the discount. I don't know of any other Pattaya gay bar that has ever staged an event with the priority being attracting Thai boys. That's why he's calling the event "Thai Night."

If that offends you, rather than complaining about it here, which isn't going to do you any good, and grousing because nobody is offering you free drinks, I suggest contacting him, letting him know it offends you, and letting him know why you won't be going.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (May 24th, 2016), cdnmatt (May 24th, 2016), colmx (May 24th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

hee...arent we all getting on in life...all thats left is to moan, groan and complian...a bunch of mildrews we have here.

10. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (May 24th, 2016)

Liked

First, the one thing that I hate about all of the forums is that everyone takes bitter offense. It is a good idea to attract Thai boys; I used to have arguments with friends who owned bars in Santo Domingo telling them that they need to bring the boys in even if that meant giving them some free beer. I also thought that I was clear that I travel alone and would, probably, not be able to take part in any promotion and did not care. There is, to me, a big difference between giving a discount to Thai guys as a positive and not giving to someone else which is, easily, seen as a negative.
    Also, I did not "grouse" about free drinks - never asked for one and was merely pointing out that good bar keeps do that for repeat customers all over the world.
    finally, I echo the thoughts of a lot of posters here over the years - Thai lads in your party are with YOU and I do not approach them so I fail to see how this helps travelers like me. I might well drop by the bar to see how is is shaping up; just not that night too many years in NYC corporate marketing and sales not to think a negative promotion to be ill advised.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Paborn, don't be such a jerk. The 700 Baht "set" is for a bottle to be shared with at least one Thai, just ask one of the staff to participate if you can't find another Thai of your own.. Do you want to drink it all yourself? All of Me offers a number of other specials including reduced prices for happy hour before 9 pm. Point is to have some fun and not act like some sort of sourpuss which you are coming across as. Better you stay in Boyztown and spare the rest of us your parsimony and your presence.

Francois, while I think I'm right about the negative vs positive way to promote. I do take your point and hate that I came off so "negatively" myself and apologize

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 24th, 2016)

Liked

I'm a little confused. It's Sunee Plaza. There's a Thai guy about every 5 feet willing to go with you to get drunk. Just grab one who has a nice ass, and off you go for a good night.

If it's really that upsetting for you, then I guess vote with your wallet, and avoid the bar. Personally, if I was whoring around in Pattaya without a BF or anything, I wouldn't mind that promotion. I'd probably grab a cutie from one of the go-go bars, and head there for the promotion. Simply because better chance of more Thais in a party mood being there, so he doesn't end up being bored stiff, staring at the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Do you want to drink it all yourself?
    What? You don't pound back 750ml of whiskey straight from the bottle, just like a beer?

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

anonone (May 24th, 2016), catawampuscat (May 24th, 2016)