Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TOP 3 resturants

Liked

Re: TOP 3 resturants

Within the Jomtien complex, the old Ritz (now called John's), Tapas, Dicks Cafe, Tapas, Yupins, Poseidon are all good. Just outside the complex are La Tervana, Labocca and Nathan's.

Liked

Review of Yupins Restaurant in Jomtien Complex.
    Nicky just posted this today
    We’ve had a review in from a friend of Yupin’s Restaurant in the Jomtien Complex. This might interest all of you who are looking for a better than average place out to dine.
    y
    “Last night two of us went to Yupins Restaurant as we are both are pensioners on a tight budget my friend chose the three course special and had a Thai dish and desert.
    “My friend started with the prawn salad which was of a generous size with a nice dressing. For main he had the chicken fillets with mushroom sauce, again of a generous size with two good sized chicken fillets and a very nice chunky mushroom sauce and vegetables. His dessert was mango with sticky rice again a good size with a nice creamy sauce.
    “For my main course, I had the seafood yellow curry, a big favorite of mine and this did not disappoint. There were squid and prawns in a wonderful rich yellow curry, not overly spicy but just as I like it. For dessert, I had hot chocolate cake with chocolate sauce with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and sliced banana.
    “We were both well satisfied with the food, service and the price and will certainly be making a return visit.”
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thank you!! I have Bangkok engraved on my mind but can't get the hang of Pattaya.

Liked

Mention was made re La Bocca restaurant, which reminded me of a wine mixing machine, cannot think of a better word, they use

I went to the website and found this pic.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Resta...et=-1&filter=7

You will note the barrel and there are 4 taps . I was drinking beer but thought I might visit next trip to find out more. It appears that you can blend the wine to the strength you prefer and also mix Maybe the machine is well known elsewhere but was new to me

Prices are not unreasonable and quality good.

Liked

Other choices that are not far from Boyztown are:

La Petite Planete and Cuisine Au Beurre (both open air restaurants) across side soi from TukCom. Further along this soi is Le Bordeaux which has AC and very nice and reasonable prices (daily specials at 350 Baht). Can walk there from Ambiance or, at intersection of 2nd Road & Pattay Tai (at the traffic light), take a Baht Bus for 10 Baht toward TukCom ( about three blocks)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

ohhhhhhh what happend to the Ritz???
    i used to like popping in there for there roast dinner.
    Is johns doing the same menu??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    Hi everyone
    I will be in Pattaya next month after Cambodia and i was wanting to try new places to eat. SO i was thinking what the boards members top 3 restuarants in Pattaya / Jomtiem, so i could try some.thanks
    paperboy
    Your original request has been confused by your repeated visits last trip to the Ritz

Were you looking to improve on that standard?

Liked

I second Francois's comment....Le Petit Planet is excellent value and offers a three-course meal (as I recall) at under 300 bht. Le Bourdeau is a much more gracious place, almost elegant, and is the place I always find refuge (as a treat) on my final night in Pattaya after P. has gone home. The dinner I had there (under 1000 bht including a glass of wine) is the best I've had this year. You will note the attention to detail- the service, the environment, the extras like the bread- always the hallmark of a quality place. This Londoner finds the prices astonishing.
    For Thai food, I like Cucumber (opposite Tuc Com). A number of sea bass dishes are always available of which P. is an admirer. Portions are huge.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    ohhhhhhh what happend to the Ritz???
    i used to like popping in there for there roast dinner.
    Is johns doing the same menu??
    Nothing has changed, just the name.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

maybe if I lived in Thailand I would hanker after western food but as a visitor who rarely stays more than 2 weeks all I eat in Thailand is Thai food; in this heat & humidity who could possibly stomach heavy western food.
    And old farang, you mention a certain restaurant as being gay friendly...arent they all, I've never felt uncomfortable in Thailand...or maybe its just that I dont care and dont pick up on the signals like you sensitive souls.