FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The perfect off.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The perfect off.

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I believe you 100%.
    Thank you. I will only add one small comment. If you do base yourself in Bangkok, remember that many of the guys who may wish to meet up with you will either be students or have jobs. If you go to the bars or chat with money boys, you can have an instant hook-up. With the non-commercial guys, you will almost certainly need more time. So, change your location to Bangkok a few days before you depart for Thailand and start chatting. I also find some guys will approach you whereas you will also have to send messages to those you like. Responses may not be instant but do not give up.

As for your comments about Europe, I agree 100%. Yet on my most recent trip to the UK and Germany for 3 weeks last summer, I was again amazed that a handful of young Asians in their 20s and based in the main cities actually contacted me. One Japanese not far from Munich I would loved to have met, but I was not on my own and did not have that possibility.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Can you define "normal bar"? Not sure just what that means, at least, here in Thailand. Beer bars/host bars are pay for play same as go-go bars. I suppose in discos there are opportunities for free sex if one is "attractive".
    Normal bars as in Telephone, Sake, Welcome just to name a few. And one doesn't necessarily have to be attractive either.

Above bars and clubs are in Bangkok, I don't know the gay scene in Pattaya.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    i'm completely gobsmacked at some of the statements.

justagay has had sex with only 3 or 4 guys???? Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do that on an average day at babylon??!!
    or is he just trolling.

As for assuming that sex on dating apps is free....really!!! Do these people live under a rock??
    In Thailand...

I have had a relationship for the past 12 years, in which I remained loyal until a few months ago. That was the second guy, the others where prior to that relationship. Maybe it IS good to point out that I never went to Thailand to get laid.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    But I have rarely agreed a specific tip for services in advance. I know roughly what the going rates are and will always tip a bit above. What really annoys me is the handful of occasions when I have given a good tip and the boy then asks for another Bt. 500 or more. That just takes some of the enjoyment out of the evening. I guess it's as good a reason as any for an agreement in advance.
    I also don't agree a specific tip in advance. If I am using the main bars, well their boys know what the going rate is and I don't feel the need to discuss it in advance.
    If they raise the subject, I will quote the minimum going rate, with the proviso that I pay more if they are good. The majority will get a little more.

If I'm using Planet Romeo, however the price will be discussed up front. Again, minimum going rate, with the intention of paying more if things go well.

Liked

Rebuke accepted in the spirit in which it was given.
    And what spirit might that be,hmm?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Faranglaw View Post
    And what spirit might that be,hmm?
    The finest Highland Park Single Malt from the island of Orkney!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Faranglaw (May 21st, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I will only add one small comment. If you do base yourself in Bangkok, remember that many of the guys who may wish to meet up with you will either be students or have jobs.
    I should have added another point here. When money is mentioned on the Boards, it usually concerns off tees and tips. Yet I know some posters consider any payment when meeting a boy a "money transaction". So let me clarify.

I have two little rules when I meet someone from the apps. When I arrange a first meeting, it is never at my home. I'll go meet him at the nearest BTS or MRT station and then take him for a coffee or a drink. I pay for that because I want to use that time to try and get to know him a little. Although I have a small safe in my home, there are still lots of things around of personal value that any visitor could find a way of pocketing. I am no mind-reader but that first meeting at least gives me a chance of sizing someone up and I have never had anything taken from my flat.

Secondly, I live near the centre of the city and most guys I meet come from quite far out. Given that we'll usually meet up in the evening, no-one is going to suffer a bus in rush hour and so they'll have motorcy fees plus BTS/MRT tickets. I always insist I pay for these for both trips. And if they leave here after around 11:00pm, I'll offer a taxi fare to get them home quickly. To me that is only fair, as it would cost me that and more to get to their place. If that makes the meeting a money transaction, then I can't argue. But the amounts are tiny compared to taking someone off from a bar.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 19th, 2016), llz (May 19th, 2016), steveky (September 9th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Normal bars as in Telephone, Sake, Welcome just to name a few. And one doesn't necessarily have to be attractive either.

Above bars and clubs are in Bangkok, I don't know the gay scene in Pattaya.
    Ok, now that you mentioned those bars I understand about "normal" but gay bars. In Pattaya there are a number of normal straight bars where guys, and sometimes their ladies, go to drink and socialize. However not too many normal gay bars that I can think of. There is Dick's Cafe in Jomtien Complex and perhaps Colonial Bar in Sunee Plaza and Panorama in Boyztown where there are no host boys,per se.

Nonetheless, I don't believe anyone goes to these places in search of a free hook-up.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Ok, now that you mentioned those bars I understand about "normal" but gay bars. In Pattaya there are a number of normal straight bars where guys, and sometimes their ladies, go to drink and socialize. However not too many normal gay bars that I can think of. There is Dick's Cafe in Jomtien Complex and perhaps Colonial Bar in Sunee Plaza and Panorama in Boyztown where there are no host boys,per se.

Nonetheless, I don't believe anyone goes to these places in search of a free hook-up.
    Probably, and me myself never went to those places for a hook up either. Having said that, I did stumble upon quite a few free hookups over the years, even though I have always declined them.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Probably, and me myself never went to those places for a hook up either. Having said that, I did stumble upon quite a few free hookups over the years, even though I have always declined them.
    You are a saint amongst us sinners although, as penance, we perform Works of Mercy by feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty and clothing the naked (after we sinned).
    Last edited by francois; May 12th, 2016 at 16:54.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (May 12th, 2016), lego (May 27th, 2016)