Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The perfect off.

Liked

Re: The perfect off.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Can you define "normal bar"?
    99.5% of the bars in Thailand outside of Pattaya?

You know, a bar. A place where for example, after work you head to with a few of your co-workers to enjoy a few beers or glasses of wine, and unwind from the day.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Before I made my first trip to Pattaya twenty years ago, I read an excellent gay guide (with a beautiful Thai guy on the cover) by Michael Nottcutt. His advice proved to be excellent. He said that the Thai bar-boys did not wish to discuss payment before the off. I should emphasise that he was not encouraging mean conduct from the falang, only respect for Thai norms.
    That is certainly what I was told even well before that book was published and like Oliver it has always been my M.O. I think those living here and very regular visitors are pretty much aware of the acceptable tip rates in Bangkok and Pattaya and the boys are in almost all cases perfectly happy with that plus a bit on top. However, the scene has changed considerably over the decades and I can see that agreeing (or indeed not agreeing) in advance will avoid any possible unpleasantness.

As for the comment made by Mancs, I find in Bangkok that most money boys on dating sites let you know that they are looking for cash within a couple of minutes of a conversation starting up. Most, though, are not. Pattaya seems to be quite different with certainly a majority being money boys.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Interesting to say the least. I would assume if you off a boy from one of those bars on Twilight, payment is required.
    Yes, but example I gave was not a bar hook up, but dating app. In bar it is almost impossible to get away without paying.
    Many Farang these days use dating apps and in some cases the tip is not discussed at all. The boy just hopes for the best. Some Farang think however they have a free boy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i'm completely gobsmacked at some of the statements.

justagay has had sex with only 3 or 4 guys???? Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do that on an average day at babylon??!!
    or is he just trolling.

As for assuming that sex on dating apps is free....really!!! Do these people live under a rock??

5. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 11th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    As for assuming that sex on dating apps is free....really!!! Do these people live under a rock??
    Just because you always pay does not mean that there are not many, many guys on the various apps who want to meet up with older farang in Bangkok. I have only once paid for a guy from the apps - because the guys I meet are not in the commercial sex business and do not want cash, even though I always offer enough for taxis. It is not always taken! That said, I have no idea about Pattaya as I rarely go there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Just because you always pay does not mean that there are not many, many guys on the various apps who want to meet up with older farang in Bangkok. I have only once paid for a guy from the apps - because the guys I meet are not in the commercial sex business and do not want cash, even though I always offer enough for taxis. It is not always taken! That said, I have no idea about Pattaya as I rarely go there.
    I think most young guys age 18-25 are expecting money in the apps. I am not sure what your type of guy is, but if you regularly date 30 year olds, then yes I am convinced most of them don't expect money, are real gays (and not gay for money) and like Farangs.

But a 20 year old dating for free a 50 year old Farang? It is possible. But also in Bangkok rare, isn't it? Or is this normal in Bangkok, in that age bracket?

But how do you know they are not into it for the money. Because you never bring the topic of money up before the action. So you just assume after all is done he not wants money because he was no bar boy? How can you know he doesn't want it, if it is never mentioned?
    Last edited by AsDaRa; May 11th, 2016 at 21:08.

Liked

That's getting into a grey area though, no? As for just one-night stand type sex, I really don't know, but I would imagine there's some younger guys out there who love getting their rocks off with an older gentleman, although probably few and far between. I really don't know... I'm no Brad Pitt, but I'm not 60 either. Plus I tend to stay away from the sex with strangers thing. It's kinda fun I guess, but gets very boring very quickly.

Anyway, what about love, companionship, security, stability, etc.? For example, take some 24 year old teacher who's sick and tired of constantly struggling, and just wants to go to sleep each night knowing everything is ok? I can easily see why they would prefer an older farang, but does that make him a money boy? If so, then we have to call about 80% of the women in the world gold diggers.

That, and from my experience, there's a lot of Thais out there basically in the same boat as a lot of farangs. A lot of us farangs end up in Thailand due to a failed relationship, and we're looking for something new / better. Same goes for some Thais. Sometimes they've been hurt, manipulated and taken advantage of so much in the past, maybe also have a failed Thai BF, that they want nothing to do with another Thai in regards to a relationship again. They then look towards farangs, think we may have a better moral compass, and would prefer a farang BF. In other words, they're willing to be lenient on looks and age in order to have someone who treats them properly.

I don't know, I'm rambling now... been hot in the past week with no rain, so sure enough, electric has been shit again, and my mind is slowing turning into mush again.

9. User who gave Like to post:

anonone (May 14th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I think most young guys age 18-25 are expecting money in the apps
    You are constantly reaching conclusions which have no basis in fact! Perhaps if you came and lived in Bangkok you would find out that your conclusion in this case is far from correct. Note, I state Bangkok. From what I have read I expect the situation in Pattaya is very different.

One of the facets of living in Asia which many people totally fail to understand is that there is quite a significant number of young men in their early 20s who genuinely want to meet up with farang who are a great deal older without any monetary reward. This is true not just in Thailand, but in quite a number of other countries. On this forum I have frequently waxed lyrical about Taiwan where I shall be headed later in the month for a couple of weeks. Is money involved when I meet guys from the apps? Not at all, although I will usually take guys I meet more than once out for a nice dinner. Another of this forum's posters became interested and started visiting Taipei. He has posted about those visits and now makes long trips there several times a year.

I'll also be visiting Tokyo late next week. I once lived there for two years. I have already set up a couple of meetings with young guys through the apps. Will money be involved? Absolutely not. In Japan it would be regarded as an insult even to offer - unless the guy comes from a host bar.

I can give no reason why this should be, but it always makes me somewhat annoyed that others, such as AsDaRa, express their disbelief. Two of my close friends here in Bangkok are farang. Both are now married to their much younger Thai partners. Is money involved. Again, absolutely not. In fact, in one case, the young Thai man now in his mid-30s after a relationship lasting 13 years had his own company even before meeting his partner. That company is now a worldwide business. The difference in ages - more than 30 years.
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 11th, 2016 at 22:49.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 19th, 2016), Faranglaw (May 12th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I can give no reason why this should be, but it always makes me somewhat annoyed that others, such as AsDaRa, express their disbelief.
    I believe you 100%. Now, after your explanation. I will move my focus to Bangkok in my next holidays. Will save me a lot of money.

Too bad in Western Europe, were I spend 99.999% of my time, it is rare a 20 year old wants to have sex with a 50 year old if money is not involved. Even in the hetero world. Of course there are exceptions, but it is rare. I start to think it is culture. In Western European culture youth is very important. In Asian cultures there is a lot of respect for the older generations (they are brought up like that more). Maybe there lies part of the explanation. The older generation is not 'written off'.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    99.5% of the bars in Thailand outside of Pattaya?

You know, a bar. A place where for example, after work you head to with a few of your co-workers to enjoy a few beers or glasses of wine, and unwind from the day.

Still confused! Earlier you posted

"Quote Originally Posted by justaguy
    . Now if you hook up with a guy from say a normal bar, that payment suddenly becomes not so natural.

So does that mean, outside of Pattaya, in 99.5 % of the bars you may be able to hook up with a guy and payment is is not a requirement? Is this all bars or gay bars?

I do believe you are quite wrong in your assessment.