Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The perfect off.

Liked

Re: The perfect off.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    What, you didn't think they all gossip about you? Think again.
    I couldn't agree more. They know all about you, your preferences, and what they can expect. And if you treat them fair or not.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Problem is that in Thailand you cannot agree a "price" in advance because that then becomes prostitution. Tipping is technically a way around the law. But of course what is legally correct is rarely followed!
    Yeah prostitution is illegal in Thailand. But of course that law was never enforced, unless of course you forgot to pay tea money or pissed off the wrong people.

Technically speaking tipping someone for sex is no different than agreeing on a price beforehand. Not sure why anyone would want to get around prostitution being illegal. At the end of the day, you already paid the off fee, so you are going with a prostitute.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean? You agree on a price but a tip is optional? Do you mean an extra tip above and beyond the agreed on price? 555 Baht is your tip ? 55555

I didn't know a tip was the actual price of the service, as fountainhall explained to me a few posts up. I did say I never off boys, so naturally I don't tip either, I simply forgot a comma

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    At the end of the day, you already paid the off fee, so you are going with a prostitute.
    Since we're talking about technicalities and legal niceties, I'm not sure that is correct. The off fee is a payment to the bar because it is then denied the boy's services on stage for a period of time. What goes on between you and the boy thereafter is - technically - not the bar's business! You might just be taking the boy out for a nice dinner! On the other hand, you might just have other thoughts on your mind

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh what nonsense, we ALL know prostitution is supposedly illegal but yet we have walking street?!?! Go figure!! Now back to reality, u agree on a price and the services required, and if u want u can tip over and above this if the service provided wows u. Has only happened twice with me....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I know roughly what the going rates are and will always tip a bit above.
    Some Farang are like you, they don't talk about the tip beforehand, the boy doesn't mention it also, and the Farang thinks then: "lucky me, this Thai boy wants me for free".

You have the decency to pay the boy. Some Farang apparently truly think the boy wanted sex for free with them. I read often topics in these forums about a Farang who writes how he scored a boy for free. In most of these cases I am inclined to think it was really a scenario you described. The boy expected money, but didn't talk about it. Maybe because of fear for the prostitution law? Maybe because he is shy to bring it up?

Some Farang profit from it. Or they do pay, but far less than the boy expected. I know a boy who spend 3 days with a Farang in south Thailand (Farang paid for plane ticket) and after the 3 days he got 3000 baht in cash. He was disappointed. But that is the risk if you not talk about money beforehand. Some Farang profit from it and for me it is a form of abuse.
    Last edited by AsDaRa; May 11th, 2016 at 16:25.

7. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 11th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    Some Farang are like you, they don't talk about the tip beforehand, the boy doesn't mention it also, and the Farang thinks then: "lucky me, this Thai boy wants me for free".

You have the decency to pay the boy. Some Farang apparently truly think the boy wanted sex for free with them. I read often topics in these forums about a Farang who writes how he scored a boy for free. In most of these cases I am inclined to think it was really a scenario you described. The boy expected money, but didn't talk about it. Maybe because of fear for the prostitution law? Maybe because he is shy to bring it up?

Some Farang profit from it. Or they do pay, but far less than the boy expected. I know a boy who spend 3 days with a Farang in south Thailand (Farang paid for plane ticket) and after the 3 days he got 3000 baht in cash. He was disappointed. But that is the risk if you not talk about money beforehand. Some Farang profit from it and for me it is a form of abuse.
    Interesting to say the least. I would assume if you off a boy from one of those bars on Twilight, payment is required. Now if you hook up with a guy from say a normal bar, that payment suddenly becomes not so natural. I for one would never, and I repeat never go with someone who expects payment. I wasn't looking for a prostitute, so why would someone suddenly believe I would pay for a quick fuck ?

I have never paid for sex in Thailand, having said that, I only ever had sex with about three persons (maybe four).

Liked

And what about boys who say on dating sites that they are not money boys? Are we supposed to assume that (TIT) they are money boys? I think the price needs to be agreed before sex. Otherwise we have no idea how much they are expecting.

Liked

Before I made my first trip to Pattaya twenty years ago, I read an excellent gay guide (with a beautiful Thai guy on the cover) by Michael Nottcutt. His advice proved to be excellent. He said that the Thai bar-boys did not wish to discuss payment before the off. I should emphasise that he was not encouraging mean conduct from the falang, only respect for Thai norms.
    Accordingly, as a newbie, I followed his advice on this issue paid the guys I met afterwards. That has remained my M.O. I have never seen any reason to change. I can recall a only a couple of requests for more in my seventy plus visits.
    To clarify, I give the average amount with a small extra for motor-cy taxi and some for food... that's a total of 1300 in Pattaya and 1500 in Bangkok. Short-time only and obviously no unusual demands. Drinks from the fridge of course and also of course, courtesy.
    This has been successful and I get as many repeats as I want and so see no reason to change. Nevertheless, I fully understand the views of others and would probably recommend today's newbies to follow their example rather than mine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    . Now if you hook up with a guy from say a normal bar, that payment suddenly becomes not so natural.
    I have never paid for sex in Thailand, having said that, I only ever had sex with about three persons (maybe four).
    Can you define "normal bar"? Not sure just what that means, at least, here in Thailand. Beer bars/host bars are pay for play same as go-go bars. I suppose in discos there are opportunities for free sex if one is "attractive".