Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Old Western Movies

Liked

Old Western Movies

For the people of age (and younger fans), at this time (newly added) there are several oldies ready for download.
    Like "How.the.West.Was.Won.1962" with James Stewart and Gregory Peck and other big names from the past.
    Or "The.Comancheros.1961" with John Wayne
    and a few more.
    I myself have a nice collection, downloaded over the years,mostly in 720 or 1080 quality.

All in good quality BluRay or less (for slow ISP's) Sizes are between 1-3 GB, so easy and fast download.
    Just go through the list from RARBG https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?category=movies

[B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Old Western Movies

I can recall a time when there was a new western movie playing virtually every week. Amazing now to think that such fare depicting native Americans as evil, filthy devils was so popular.

Wasn't "How the West Was Won" originally filmed in a new 3-camera/projector Cinerama process to create a large slightly circular screen? The problem was the cameras could not all be calibrated identically so there were slight differences between the three images and you could usually see the joins. An early version of iMax!

Liked

I remember (as a child I hasten to add) our local cinema, The Colisuem, became one of the very few (if not the only) CINERAMA equipped cinema in Scotland.

I recall that the screening area for CINERAMA movies was veering towards a semi circle, but for most movies the curtains opened just enough to expose the normal rectangular screening area. I seem to recall seeing BEN HUR there and I think it was presented in CINERAMA as it was quite spectacular

I also recall there was a BAR in the cinema (which is where my mother kept accusing my father of diaappearing to) and reeally it was was the last word in luxury in our area considering that the other cinema (The Bedford)about 50 yards away was reputedly flea and rat infested and nobody admitted going there.

I realise it's a bit off-topic but if anyone is interested theres a short video of the actual cinema and the CINERAMA process here:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I found that vdo interesting. As a new invention involving three cameras and three projectors, I was aware that Cinerama was a complex process - but nowhere near as complex as this and a linked vdo illustrate.

Interesting also that it was all part of the desire of movie makers to expand the width of screens. I know that one early process continued to use 35mm film but blacked off the top and bottom parts of each frame to give the look of a 70mm movie. I can remember another format, ToddAO, developed by the director and husband of Elizabeth Taylor, Mike Todd. I saw a trailer advertising the technique and was amazed at how effective it was at conveying the effect of being on a roller-coaster. A few major movies used the format - "Sound of Music", "Cleopatra" and "Around the World in 80 Days" - but like the others it didn't last long.

With iMax now well established and the 3D process slowly being improved, I wonder what the cinema-going experience will be like in 20 years time.
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 8th, 2016 at 11:15.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    ...I wonder what the cinema-going experience will be like in 20 years time.
    Being so young myself, I'll let you know Founty - once I've figured out HOW

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I guess we'll all be communicating by telepathy by then, so no problem. But you may have to get your thoughts through six feet of ground to get to me by then!