Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ChristianPFC

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: ChristianPFC

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    There is a rumour that Adolf's remains are there and someone has to keep
    the flame going.
    Pure speculation! Recall that his dreadful doctor was in the experiments business and was rumoured to have found a way to keep his master alive. Both clearly must keep far from the public, not just for historical reasons but because the experiments have turned that famous moustache bright pink! A very queer development indeed!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Recall that his dreadful doctor was in the experiments business and was rumoured to have found a way to keep his master alive.
    See the movie "The Boys from Brazil" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H58H_kAZZsY

Liked

Thanks to everyone for their nice words and well-wishing.

I am back in Germany. A long trip (Mon-Fri) shortly before my departure, a lot of sorting and packing in my room in Bangkok and settling in Germany has kept me away from this forum for a while, but regular contributions to forums and blogging will be resumed soon. I could stay online all the time, but choose not to when traveling.

AsDaRa, your numbers are wrong. I spent only two years on holiday in Thailand, at expenses of 30 kTHB per month estimated. That's a total of 720 kTHB = 18 kEUR. I would just have to save 1000 Euro per month for 18 months.

How often I pay and how often I get boys for free, see my monthly reports or accept my estimate of 50/50.

I am still working on how to display my 2 years of holiday in a positive way in my CV.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I am still working on how to display my 2 years of holiday in a positive way in my CV.
    A long "Gap Year" Studying Thai and becoming fluent should be a good start for the CV.
    Although it is excellent, I suspect you should NOT include a link to the blog.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am sure some creative writing can explain it away in a very positive manner. As goji suggests, becoming fluent in an Asian language the better to absorb Asian "business" cultures sounds good and could perhaps aid your return to this part of the world quite soon. The nature of the business need not be gone into!

Liked

I would just have to save 1000 Euro per month for 18 months.
    Good Luck to you and I hope you find a well paid job soon.

But saving 1000 EUR a month is not easy. My working live is now 20 years. I started immediately after graduating from University. My income is good, better than average here in the Netherlands. But I can not save 1000 EUR every month. I can only do this if I really pay only mortgage, food, energy bill, internet bill and insurances. And nothing else that month. And that is from a salary with 20 year experience. (I must say I have a huge mortgage, house prices are expensive here; no partner, so all costs I have to pay myself; mortgage is 33% of my income after taxes).

Guys who start working in the Netherlands, their starting salary is maybe only 1600-1800 EUR after taxes. Impossible to save 1000 each month. Unless you live at your parents home, they pay your food, you don't need to give them money for lodgings. Yes then it is possible to save 1000 EUR every month.

You saved for 18 months 1000 EUR? From a starting salary? The huge majority in the Netherlands (no matter if you just start or not) can not save this every month from their salary. Most are already happy if after paying their fixed costs there is a few hundred EUR left. Did you live at your parents home?
    Last edited by AsDaRa; May 15th, 2016 at 14:52.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    A long "Gap Year" Studying Thai and becoming fluent should be a good start for the CV.
    Although it is excellent, I suspect you should NOT include a link to the blog.
    Being in Thailand as a young man for some years is looked upon with a knowing smile.
    I mean each time I go to Thailand my colleagues know what I am going to do there (they even say it out loud). My friends know. My family suspects. Because a single man travelling 3 times every year to Thailand, then after 2 years they suspect the reason why you go. Thailand is the sex tourism destination. They aren't stupid.

If your resumé says you lived in Thailand for 2 years as a young male, then your employer knows what you did there. I am afraid some employers rather not hire you then. For others it won't matter. Lets see how it goes.
    But prepare answers for questions like "Why Thailand, why not China or Canada"?

Better not answer: "the twinky guys there look so beautiful and it only costs 1000 baht to fuck them". I don't think it is smart to give that answer. For some left wing employers they will see this as Western abuse of poor Thai guys. You have people like that. And even if you not give this answer, some will suspect you paid for sex and if it is a left wing guy it can be an issue and you will not get the job.
    Last edited by AsDaRa; May 15th, 2016 at 15:06.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    You saved for 18 months 1000 EUR? Did you live at your parents home?
    Did you notice that there is a unanimity amongst the other posters on this thread? That this is none of your fucking business, and that it is inappropriate to be asking these personal questions here. What part of that do you not get?

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 15th, 2016), fountainhall (May 15th, 2016), Tintin (May 16th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    But I can not save 1000 EUR every month. I can only do this if I really pay only mortgage, food, energy bill, internet bill and insurances. And nothing else that month. ... Did you live at your parents home?
    I did exactly that, without the mortgage. I did not live at my parent's home.

When working near Paris, during week, I used to study Thai language or read work related books in the evening, no expenses. On the weekend, I went to Paris for sightseeing, at a cost of less than 10 Euro per day (public transport, walking, bring sandwiches and water).

These two years in Thailand come at high cost: no health insurance, no pension, difficulty to get started again in work.

Liked

These two years in Thailand come at high cost: no health insurance, no pension, difficulty to get started again in work.
    Thanks Christian. I understand it now more, how it was done.

You took a big risk with no health insurance. But it saved you another 4000 baht every month (I pay here 100 EUR every month for health insurance).