Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ChristianPFC

Liked

Re: ChristianPFC

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    And me, only me, no one else ever, has the guts to ask this question in a forum.

Many would love to know how he did it. I am sure.
    I don't see it as having anything to do with 'guts.' I don't see how it's anyone's business but his own, whether many would love to know how he did it or not. Curiosity does not make it any of your business.

I don't know what you would say if anyone asked you about your personal finances and where your money comes from, especially on a public forum, but I know what I would say if anyone asked me - After I'm through responding with a long, cold, Princess Margaret style stare, the rest of my response would not be a polite one.

The only reason I can see that might legitimize asking about christianPFC's personal finances would be if you're in his age bracket and want to live in Thailand under similar circumstances. Even then, I don't know why you would ask on a public forum rather than privately on a PM or meeting with him personally.

The one part of the conversation I had with him that I will mention, publicly or privately, is his finances are perfectly legitimate. There is no involvement whatsoever with any form of lawbreaking or criminal activity.

If anything more interests you, again why don't you just ask him? Have you even tried that?
    Last edited by Gaybutton; May 10th, 2016 at 03:09.

Liked

I agree with the previous posts that it's not right to discuss another individual's sources of funding here.

I also agree with the post that suggests it makes more sense to retire 5 or 10 years early, rather than move to Thailand early in life. However, there will be exceptions to that guidance.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What is so utterly ridiculous about AsDaRa's constant harping on about things which are absolutely none of his business is his total failure to understand that none of us are him - AsDaRa. We all see life from a different perspective, we all have different priorities, we don't necessarily do what conventional wisdom says we should. When I started my career decades ago, conventional wisdom dictated a graduate should spend at least four years in his first employment. That illustrated commitment, dependability and all that crap. Well, I left a highly coveted job after less than 17 months because I was just plain bored.

When I quit another job and moved to Hong Kong 37 years ago, a city and part of the world I knew virtually nothing about, conventional wisdom as showered down on me from all sides was: don't stay more than 3 or 4 years or you'll be forgotten back in the UK and find it difficult to get work when you return. That was total hogwash. Even though I never did return to live or work, through visiting business colleagues at least once each year and through a degree of success in Asia, far more people there knew about me 10 and even 20 years later than had ever known me when I left.

Several times, I have quit good jobs without another to go to. One was in an exciting business I wanted to learn more about. It paid reasonably well, gave me first class intercontinental travel and business class regional travel, 5-star hotels and meant meetings in places like Sydney, London, New York, Vancouver, Honolulu . . . Having learned what I wanted, I quit after less than 3 years. Some thought I was crazy but it was what I wanted to do. I then chilled out for a year before deciding what I wanted to do next.

Thankfully we are all in control of our own destiny. We have zero obligation to let others, apart from partners and family, know what our objectives are or how we go about financing the life we lead. Did I rob a bank? None of your business!

Take Gaybutton's advice, AsDaRa. PM Christian. If you don't and you continue your idiocy here, your troll status is proven! Or . . . . wait a moment! Is it perhaps shere jealousy on your part hitched to an almighty dose of self pity? After all, you also said this after your first ever trip to Thailand in October 2014 -

I feel an idiot for not having gone there sooner. I have missed out on a lot. All the fun I could have had in the past years.
    But then I didn't see many guys younger than me. Most men I saw were 45 or up. Yet I wished I had gone there in my thirties.
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 10th, 2016 at 10:13.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 10th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

my theory is that he is a farang MB........peddles hois blond lilly whiote ass all over BKK to wealthy HISO Asians who love blond boys....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Is it perhaps shere jealousy on your part hitched to an almighty dose of self pity? After all, you also said this after your first ever trip to Thailand in October 2014 -
    I meant with that that I wished I had discovered Thailand as gay holiday destination in my 30s. Not for living there.

Yes I am jealous about everyone who can live in Thailand and not needs to work. I am sure every Farang wants that too, who now needs to work back home and travels 2 or 3 times each year to Thailand. Most are looking forward to that moment they can retire. You can call that jealousy indeed. Someone who is about to die, is I think very jealous about people who are healthy. Someone who is poor and hardly can buy enough food to stay alive, will feel a form of jealousy every time he sees a well paid fellow citizen with an iPhone 6. I mean what is jealousy? Is a person jealous when he wants something another person has? Say you want the new iPad Pro, you plan to buy it in 2 months, and now you see someone with it on the street, are you then jealous at him? What is jealousy?

You make it sound like it is a bad emotion. But in my definition everyone is jealous all the time. All sick people in hospital must be very jealous at the healthy ones. Is it bad for them having that emotion? You make it sound like it is something to be ashamed of.

But I really am interested in how he did it. I asked him once in pm. And the answer was not very clear. I got the idea from that conversation he said "I saved money". But at the same time I also understood from this conversation he only worked for very few years after graduating and went to Thailand then. He had a job there with Thai pay (not Western pay) which he quit very soon. Then I did some calculations and couldn't believe how in such a short time of working he could save so much that he can stay for 5 years in Thailand. I think the question is warranted. Lets see if he is willing to answer. Where is he by the way? He lost his Internet connection?

Liked

I think the question is warranted.
    So far, the only one who thinks the question is warranted is you. Everybody else, including me, apparently feels it's just none of your business, no matter how desperate you are to know. If you absolutely must know and didn't understand his PM response, ok - send him another PM, ask him for his telephone number, open your wallet and spring for a phone call, and talk to him personally about it. If that fails, I suppose you'll just have to struggle through life without knowing christianPFC's personal financial affairs.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 11th, 2016), francois (May 10th, 2016)

Liked

I also appreciate Christian's informative blog and contributions. They save me time and money and sweating about in Thailand going to places, like saunas, which are really not my thing. I don't think anyones's finances should be a topic on a public forum unless they are accountable to the public in some way. That clearly doesn't apply here. And when many Thai people are so poor it could put someone at risk to suggest they have any kind of money. It isn't that hard to find Christian, for example, on other social media.

Liked

I've always found ChristianPFC interesting and entertaining, and I couldn't give a flying fuck where he gets his money from - it's none of my (or anybody else's) business.

No offence to Christian - but it seems to me that a person who analyses and records the price of a fairy cake, really doesn't need that much disposible income to survive in Thailand in the manner that fits his personality.

I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do next.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 10th, 2016), dinagam (May 11th, 2016), llz (May 11th, 2016)

Liked

And for those with half a brain it isn't hard to work out how Christian might have sustained himself during his time there. I believe he worked as an ESL teacher for a while. After that...private classes or online teaching would be easy and if done correctly rather lucrative as well. A decent ESL teacher with a good reputation can easily command $60 per hour.

Liked

I think he started Silk Road.

(just kidding, btw... just pointing out how absurd the conversation has gotten)