Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ChristianPFC

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ChristianPFC

As many will know, Christian is leaving Bangkok to return home to Germany in a few days. Apart from his informative blog - on general matters re Thailand as well as specific and detailed info on saunas, bars and gay nightlife - he has been a fixture on the three main gay forums even when he was just visiting here as a tourist some years ago and before he had learned Thai and moved here to work. How many of the rest of us have mastered the language? Not me, alas!

At lunch 10 days ago he told me he will still be contributing from Germany and has amassed a lot more information to keep his blog going for some time. He also plans to return from time to time. I for one am very grateful for his contributions and wish him all the best in finding a new job back home.

2. 16 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 9th, 2016), Brad the Impala (May 9th, 2016), christianpfc (May 15th, 2016), Dax (May 9th, 2016), Faranglaw (May 14th, 2016), francois (May 9th, 2016), llz (May 9th, 2016), Magnum (May 9th, 2016), Moses (May 9th, 2016), neddy3 (May 9th, 2016), splinter1949 (May 9th, 2016), Surfcrest (May 8th, 2016), Tintin (May 9th, 2016), Up2U (May 10th, 2016), wyrleyboy (May 8th, 2016), Yraen (May 9th, 2016)

Liked

Re: ChristianPFC

Guess his blog will change language soon then into Arabic
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

4. User who gave Like to post:

goji (May 10th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by oldfarang View Post
    Guess his blog will change language soon then into Arabic
    Now just what is that supposed to mean? You sure have way with words that make no sense as in many of your posts.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (May 9th, 2016), fountainhall (May 9th, 2016), neddy3 (May 9th, 2016), Oliver (May 9th, 2016)

Liked

Is it known already how a young male (Christian) from Germany who worked in his home country for only a year or 3 after graduating (he told me this one time) could from a starting salary save so much, that he could live without a job in Thailand for 5 years from the money he saved?

My calculations show:
    The monthly costs of living in Thailand are about 20.000 baht (minimal). You need money also for boys. Say 3 boys every week, average 1500 per boy, so 4500 per week. This is an extra 20.000 baht per month. So 40.000 baht seems be be needed on a monthly basis. This is about 1000 EUR. On a yearly basis this is 12.000 EUR. Living 5 years in Thailand makes this 60.000 EUR.

Someone who now starts working in Germany and works for about 2, 3 years can never save 60.000 EUR in 3 years. It means saving 20.000 EUR per year. This is 1600 per month. This is obviously impossible to save this monthly if you just graduated and have your first job. In fact even people who work already for 20 years will find it hard to save this on a monthly basis considering the costs of living in Western Europe.

It has always surprised me that I am the only one apparently who wonders how he could financially do this.
    1) I understand how retired people do it
    2) I also understand it for expats who work in Thailand for a western company.
    3) I understand also how people do it who receive social security benefits from their home country. (Because for example they have a work disability (my back hurts), so they are freed from the obligation to find a job and can live from age 30 till they die from this social security income a very good live in Thailand (paid for by tax payers)).

I understand it for all these types of expats.

However, I don't understand how a young male from Germany without a job in Thailand, without social security, can live for 5 years in Thailand on saved money. As I showed above it is impossible to save that amount (60.000 EUR) via only 3 years working. Considering his salary was a starting salary back in Germany and considering the monthly amount he needed to save.

I am a guy who thinks about this. Who wonders how it is possible. Others don't have these questions.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    As I showed above it is impossible to save that amount (60.000 EUR) via only 3 years working.
    You haven't demonstrated anything. Perhaps it's inherited wealth, perhaps he works illegally and hasn't written about it. Perhaps he's a computer programmer and does his work online wherever he exists.Certainly it's none of your business, although if you are that interested why don't you ask him privately by PM, as it's not a suitable topic for public speculation.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Faranglaw (May 14th, 2016)

Liked

I chatted with him before. He told me he briefly had a job in Thailand, but it was Thai pay and he quit it soon. My calculations show you need for 5 years 60.000 EUR minimum. I never understood how he did it. I tried to ask in pm how he did it but it didnt become clear.
    I would have loved to know his secret. Because I am sure many want to be able to live the expat live without working.

Liked

Btw: I think it will not be easy for him finding a job in Germany. There is a huge gap in his resume. He graduated, worked 3 years and than lived for 5 years in Thailand. If I was an employer I would think:
    1) I can invest now in him, but how committed will he be?
    2) He doesn't seem to be a guy who likes to work. I mean at a young age already a non-working expat in Thailand for 5 years? That is rare. How committed is he really?

That is why I think you can better do this 5 years before retiring. Or 10 years. I intend to work till age 57 and then have saved so much I can live from it 10 years in Thailand till age 67, and then legally retire at age 67. Far better strategy I think.

If you do this at a young age it will not be easy finding a good job when going back to your home country. Also your salary will again be low. While other people of your age have higher salaries because more experience. You will never catch up. I will not be easy for him I predict.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 15th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't understand how a young male from Germany without a job in Thailand, without social security, can live for 5 years in Thailand on saved money. As I showed above it is impossible to save that amount (60.000 EUR) via only 3 years working. Considering his salary was a starting salary back in Germany and considering the monthly amount he needed to save.

I am a guy who thinks about this. Who wonders how it is possible. Others don't have these questions.
    You think too much! And if your facts were more accurate, you might have a better chance of finding out how it is possible! In any case, why on earth should you or any others have questions about another's way of life and living costs here?

I am sure Christian will reply in due course. However, he did work for several years (in Paris I believe) before moving to Bangkok where he had a paid job for a year. He then stayed on, I believe, for roughly 2 years after quitting the job. All the time he was in Thailand, he lived far more as a Thai than an expat and his expenses were a great deal less than many of us might consider possible. I doubt if AsDaRa or most of us walk and take buses in the city and cheap trains to visit other parts of the country.

Btw: I think it will not be easy for him finding a job in Germany. There is a huge gap in his resume. He graduated, worked 3 years and than lived for 5 years in Thailand. If I was an employer I would think:
    1) I can invest now in him, but how committed will he be?
    2) He doesn't seem to be a guy who likes to work. I mean at a young age already a non-working expat in Thailand for 5 years? That is rare. How committed is he really?
    What a load of utter bs!!! Again your facts are all wrong and you make utterly ridiculous assumptions. So what if a guy wants to experience another country before he is as old as some of us who contribute to this and other Boards? It is absolutely none of your f---ing business AsDaRa!
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 9th, 2016 at 01:13.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

fedssocr (May 14th, 2016), francois (May 9th, 2016), tonchin (May 9th, 2016)

Liked

Sorry Fountainhall.

It is nothing of my business indeed. But which question you can ask a person is of your business? "What study did you do"? "It is not of your business". "What type of boys you like?" "It is not of your business" . "You like Thai food?" "It is not of your business". And I can go on and on.

The facts I based it all on was on a private conversation I once had. I got the idea he only worked 2 or 3 years after graduating. If that is wrong my story collapses totally. However I do stand with my calculation that you need 60.000 EUR for 5 years in Thailand with 3 boys average per week. And I cant believe he was able to save that with his little work experience. I do stand with that. And I do stand with the fact that employers hate huge gaps in resumes. That it will not be easy for him to find a job. A well paid job.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It is nothing of my business indeed.
    So why harp on about it? Quit posting until you have your facts straight.

I cant believe he was able to save that with his little work experience. I do stand with that.
    And do you think any of us care for what you "believe" or "can't believe"? This is a thread to thank ChristianPFC for his contributions and to wish him well. Yet your only contribution is to say you don't believe his history, you make up fairy tales and you pour iced water over what you regard as his future.

Remember what you said in one of your posts in October 2014 -

My God. I am going to quit with this forum. Your guys are sick.
    You even added in the same thread -

I have a brother who is a psychologist. I will let him read this and my threads in the other forum, he will be able to come up with a psychological profile of your guys. Curious what it will be like.
    Maybe you should take your own advice! Quit! Funny how you have been accused of trolling before! Your continuous harping on this thread wreaks of one thing - TROLL!
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 9th, 2016 at 01:53.

17. User who gave Like to post:

tonchin (May 9th, 2016)