FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saigon price guide?

Liked

Re: Saigon price guide?

I think 500,000 VND is acceptable

Liked

If you take a working boy to your hotel just negotiate before in order to avoid any nasty argument later. I think that 500000-1 000000 Dong are reasonable. I ve been coming to V. for 10 years but never had an encounter with a rent boy. It was simply not necessary bec. there are quite a few students who are into Westerners. I would check the usual websites before going and chat. Just show that y r interested in them and that they are not just a toy. I met a student on GR 2 years ago, we chatted for about 2months bef. meeting in Saigon. We had cof.etc. ; I showed him the city bec. he was a country boy and had just come to S. In the evening he asked (!) me if he could spend the night with me. The rest is history, one of the best nights of my life. No money changed hand, no dead Buffalo, no sick grandma etc. Normally Vietnamese are not allowed to share a room with a foreigner, they have to leave at 10pm. I talked to a (gay) manager of a hotel and he told me that police enforces this rule. I ve seen several times police controling pports at night at the reception of my hotel. I had rented an apartment then. Of course there are hotels which have a special relationship to the police. "Godmother" guesthouse was closed at least 1 year ago. It was "openly" gay and even had ST rooms. There are "Nha Nghi"(House for resting/relax)...everywhere in Vietnam which rent rooms by the hour. There nobody cares who is with you and the rooms are cheap. There was a thread about massage places in Hanoi last year on CFS...these places quoted 500000D, tip included. This report was accurate but of course the boys were happy when you left some extra tip in his hands.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by searcher View Post
    If you take a working boy to your hotel just negotiate before in order to avoid any nasty argument later. I think that 500000-1 000000 Dong are reasonable. I ve been coming to V. for 10 years but never had an encounter with a rent boy. It was simply not necessary bec. there are quite a few students who are into Westerners.
    Whilst getting no further than some massages with extras, I thought the Vietnamese were quite assertive & that your advice to negotiate before in order to avoid a nasty argument afterwards is wise.
    As for the fees, well Vietnam is still significantly poorer than Thailand & 1000000 Dong is equivalent to 1588 baht. So I would hope short time is towards the lower end of your 500,000 ~1,000,000 price range.

As for your students, how do you make sure you're not getting a closet rent boy who will ask for $150 after the event ?

Liked

My sole encounter with a moneyboy in Vietnam:

In March 2016 I was in Saigon and resumed chatting with a cute boy I found in January on hornet. He was interested in meeting, but lived far away (14 km, that's beyond the airport, I was staying in Pham Ngu Lao). He asked for 600,000 VND for taxi, which is far above my estimate for taxi return trip, but I agreed and wondered if that already includes tips for sexual activities.

He arrived in reasonable time and found my place (contrary to Thai boys: usually late and several calls or messages). The first thing he asked for was the taxi money, which I gave him. Then I invited him for cake in a nearby bakery, where I found out that he doesn't speak English which was a surprise, I hadn't noticed he had used a translation program in our chat.

Chat via translation program ok, then finally he asked if I want sex: yes. Then how much I will pay him: nothing. (While he was cute and twinky, I wasn't in the mood to pay for sex, and he had very pale skin which I don't like.) He wrote he would go for me for 1,000,000 VND. I didn't negotiate and he didn't reduce his request, but was fishing for an invitation for dinner or disco.

But having already spent 600 kVND for his return trip and missed chance to pursue other activities while chatting with him and waiting for him, I was not in the mood for anything else.

Lesson learned: always ask online before meeting if someone expects money! (But I still have to find a way, in Thai, to ask in a way that is not offensive and that does not divulge that I often meet moneyboys.)

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I thought the Vietnamese were quite assertive & that your advice to negotiate before in order to avoid a nasty argument afterwards is wise.
    Indeed. My sole paid encounter with a Vietnamese money boy was from Fresh Boys in Dec 2012 (?). I gave him 1500 for short time, he asked for 2000. I gave him 100 more, but still he wouldn't leave, I had to shove him out of the door.