If you take a working boy to your hotel just negotiate before in order to avoid any nasty argument later. I think that 500000-1 000000 Dong are reasonable. I ve been coming to V. for 10 years but never had an encounter with a rent boy. It was simply not necessary bec. there are quite a few students who are into Westerners. I would check the usual websites before going and chat. Just show that y r interested in them and that they are not just a toy. I met a student on GR 2 years ago, we chatted for about 2months bef. meeting in Saigon. We had cof.etc. ; I showed him the city bec. he was a country boy and had just come to S. In the evening he asked (!) me if he could spend the night with me. The rest is history, one of the best nights of my life. No money changed hand, no dead Buffalo, no sick grandma etc. Normally Vietnamese are not allowed to share a room with a foreigner, they have to leave at 10pm. I talked to a (gay) manager of a hotel and he told me that police enforces this rule. I ve seen several times police controling pports at night at the reception of my hotel. I had rented an apartment then. Of course there are hotels which have a special relationship to the police. "Godmother" guesthouse was closed at least 1 year ago. It was "openly" gay and even had ST rooms. There are "Nha Nghi"(House for resting/relax)...everywhere in Vietnam which rent rooms by the hour. There nobody cares who is with you and the rooms are cheap. There was a thread about massage places in Hanoi last year on CFS...these places quoted 500000D, tip included. This report was accurate but of course the boys were happy when you left some extra tip in his hands.