Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saigon price guide?

Liked

Saigon price guide?

Suppose I bring a special friend back to my hotel room for the night How much pocket money would I be expected to give him in the morning?

What sort of prices do people normally pay in HCMC!

Last edited by extronaut; April 30th, 2016 at 20:21. Reason: bad phrasing

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 20th, 2016)

Liked

Re: Saigon price guide?

In Hanoi you'll pay about 700'000 -1'000'000 Vietnamese dong to play with a Vietnamese dong.

Liked

I am quickly separated from all Vietnamese Dong (of both types) by my Saigon bf!

I have seen female prostitutes in the streets but never any boys - but there is a gay bar called Godmother is Saigon which I've also been kept well away from - so that might be a place to start.

The "bringing a boy back to my room" might be a challenge as well as I have heard that some hotels simply wont allow that sort of thing. Personally I've not had a problem but we have always been registered together in any hotel.

Hope you find what you're looking for,

Liked

I visited Vietnam four times last year from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city and nearly all major cities and tourist areas in-between. I met many good looking guys for free, two have become good friends and the guys I did pay were asking 400 - 600K Dong. I like Twinks and they were of the highest quality for their looks and for sex IMHO. They will often quote in $US and one guy asked for $US100 and I was happy to reject his offer. They will try you on for a high price but there are many willing guys happy for return visits if you are fair with them.

Liked

Where did you get these guys aussie?

I have been in Saigon 4 x, Na Trang, Da Lat x 2 - and I've never seen a sniff (but as I say I do realise that I am "chaperoned" as to where we go).

It would be good to know just out of curiosity (esp in Saigon)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Where did you get these guys aussie?

I have been in Saigon 4 x, Na Trang, Da Lat x 2 - and I've never seen a sniff (but as I say I do realise that I am "chaperoned" as to where we go).

It would be good to know just out of curiosity (esp in Saigon)

Grindr, JackD, Hornet etc. Many are not mboys but those who were in most cases provided great value. The best lookers for me were in Ho Chi Minh City and the maximum I paid was 400 - 500k dong as requested by the guys. I guess some will want more as arsenal noted in his post but I was happy with the quality of the guys that I met. Hanoi contacts were asking more than HCM City but i did not require their services while I was there.

Liked

I only went to bona fide massage places. You write in the amount on a little form that you fill in afterwards. Then you pay that amount at reception. I could have paid less but was happy to pay what I did.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I only went to bona fide massage places. You write in the amount on a little form that you fill in afterwards. Then you pay that amount at reception. I could have paid less but was happy to pay what I did.
    Fair enough. It would be interesting to read about the locations and your review of the massage places. I might try a massage next time I visit Hanoi. I am happy to pay similar amounts if the service is good.

10. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (May 23rd, 2016)

Liked

Aussie: It's been a couple of years so I can't remember the exact location. You can find them on Utopia Gay Asia. If you go to Hanoi then try and visit the Vietnam War museum. It's not especially anti American. You can climb on the tanks, feel the flags/uniforms and sit in the cockpits. There's a wonderful cafe right next door.

Liked

Did that museum in summer 2016 - and posed with the tanks etc.

If you go inside the building and view the photographic records and displays of what the Americans did in Vietnam, it's morbidly fascinating and some guide books claim that there are deformed/mutated embryos in jars etc but I didn't see any.

Vietnamese BF steadfastly refused to engage with anything after the ground floor of the museum and instead sat in the "corridor" on each subsequent level - so clearly at least some of the younger generation Vietnamese have strong feelings about that period in history (and my BF is not in the least politically or historically motivated)

One thing though - the museum was very, very hot inside and I'd have been grateful to find that cafe Arsenal speaks of, but I must have missed it. However, just up the road a bit, on the other side, there was a frozen drinks cafe where I sat and rehydrated while BF waved his arms at any passing taxi to get me out of the heat!! Eventually one stopped and I climbed inside to gratefully experience a bit of air-con