Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: taxi

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: taxi

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    I don't think minimee has ever stated that he doesn't believe SG hasn't or doesn't visit Thailand, his 'thing' seems to be the amount of visits and the duration of time between them.
    yes I believe you are right about that - so i wonder will it not morph into - "Yeah ok,ok, so lets forget about THIS time when you were in Thailand but before that, what about that, what about the LAST time you were in Thailand eh, EHHH ......hell SG you should get there this trip, nip out back out again for a side trip or two and then go back again as TWICE or THREE times in the same year ! man that'll REALLY leave the poor guy reeling from shock !!!

And HEY when's the NEXT time you're going SG EH !/ When's the NEXT time eh EHHH !!!??? :-)

Liked

All quite apart from the fact that it's none of his fucking business

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Looking forward, I will need a minibus/people carrier to pick up BF at DM, then stopping (en route to Pattaya)at SUV to pick up myself and my pal (with all the luggage 3 people will have - hence the minibus)
    Looking through this thread, Why make it so complicated? BF takes a taxi from DMK (Don Muang) to BKK (Suvanbhumi), you meet him there and together you take a minibus or Limo to go from BKK to Pattaya.

Liked

Yes of course I know we can do that - but I really don't think there's anything "complicated" about my plan at all

Liked

Not complicated, but subject to be fucked up if someone's flight gets delayed.

Might want to plan for some contingencies, especially when you and BF will be on separate flights without being reachable on phone.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2016)

Liked

I've had 2 bad taxi journeys recently.

During one, using PT Taxis from central Bangkok to Pattaya, the driver talked continuously on his mobile for the entire 2.5 hours the journey took. When one of his mates got bored and finished the call, he'd dial another and start all over again, beginning with the name of the hotel he was taking us to. We were stir crazy by the time we arrived. Never again, PT Taxis.

We'd tried PT Taxis only because of poor and slightly frightening experience with a previous pick up from the standard Suvarnabhumi taxi rank. As usual, we chose the 'van' option from the taxi ticket machine, which gets you a slightly larger vehicle (usually a Toyota Innova). We agreed a fare of 1400 Baht to Pattaya after some persistent negotiation. The driver had really wanted 1500. 5 minutes out from the airport, the driver started saying 1400 was not enough. He pulled over to the side of the motorway at a busy junction, and we're wondering what happens now? Is he going to dump us on the side of the road? He decided to take us back to the airport, and we were not going to dissuade him - we didn't want to spend a moment longer with an untrustworthy driver. As he was driving back to the airport, he was talking to someone on the phone, presumably his handler. He took us back to arrivals, but rather than stopping anywhere to let us get out, he continued straight through and out the other side, back towards the motorway. He said he would take us after all. He must have been told to do so by whoever he was talking to. The rest of the journey was very uncomfortable. When we arrived we got an apology of sorts, but it was not an experience I wish to repeat.

Next time I'll be using the AOT limo service, and I was thinking of giving Oriental Escapes a try on the way back.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 1st, 2016), christianpfc (August 14th, 2016)

Liked

Even with suitable arriving times, you don't know how long immigration and bag reclaim and ride through Bangkok take. It would be better to split this, your bf gets normal taxi (or even bus) from DMK to BKK and waits there for you, then together to Pattaya. (Then he would have to load his luggage into taxi twice, but his luggage can't be that much / that heavy?)

Do you know if the person who replies to your emails is the person will drive the taxi? Otherwise the person who replies to your email might finally grasp your plan, but cannot convey it to the driver, or the driver does not understand.

I had a related case: taking boy from short-time hotel back to Saran Rom, and then continue to my room alone in the same taxi. However after letting the boy out, wanted me to pay the fare and start a new journey. After long discussion, I finally paid the fare and got out, to walk around and take another taxi home.

Liked

BF arrives into DMK exactly 1 hour before I arrive into BKK - my calculation was that by the time he got through immigration and baggage and drove to BKK and parked, then I would be through the same at BKK. I've never been longer than 45 minutes at BKK at the time I get in.

But as you say, it might be better to split it.

I get the impression that the person answering the email IS the taxi driver - but can't be sure

Liked

So from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) to Pattaya, use preordered or just the taxi stand?

Liked

Normal taxi won't be big enough for 2 people plus luggage - in comfort.