Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: taxi

Liked

Re: taxi

Except I gave them the exact names only - i.e. Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng

I was only using those abbreviations on this thread and am aware theyre not IATA codes

I have even stated NEW AIRPORT / OLD AIRPORT to them - I really dont feel I could be any clearer.

It's the double pick up they are struggling with, not any delusion that they're picking me up from Fiji

Last edited by scottish-guy; August 7th, 2016 at 14:49.

Liked

1. Almost all of them use navigators. So you can just give them points by GPS.

2. Why you do so complicated? Just let them pick-up you. When you will be in car - just give your navigator with route to BF's place to driver. It will work even when driver don't speak English at all.

Liked

If you want, copy & paste this to him:

ผมอยากคุณมารับคน 1 จาก Don Muang แล้วมารับคน 1 จาก BKK แล้วไปสั่งเราพัทยาครับ

4. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (August 7th, 2016)

Liked

Cheers Matt

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ...Why you do so complicated? Just let them pick-up you. When you will be in car - just give your navigator with route to BF's place to driver. It will work even when driver don't speak English at all.
    FOR FUCK SAKE - you're worse than the Taxi company

My BF is not Thai - he is arriving on a plane into Don Mueng 1 hour before I arrive into Swampy.

The timings are almost perfect - all I want is for the taxi to pick him up at Don Mueng, drive to Swampy, pick ME up and then drive us BOTH to Pattaya! It's not rocket science!!

Of course it's all a moot point because as Mini Mee will tell you, I've never been in Thailand and I make all this up

Liked

I may have missed something....but why not the public taxi? No problems with missed appointments. And cheaper. Seldom more than a couple of minutes wait in my (extensive) experience. If you want more luxury for a journey that is now only 80 minutes or so, there's a limousine service available. You can book in Arrivals.

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2016)

Liked

A) Because I wanted to travel to Pattaya together with BF
    B) Ever tried 2 people in a public taxi with luggage - big hard-shell cases and assorted hat boxes?

With 2 ppl and luggage, there can be the problem of the gas tank taking up almost half the boot - and I have ended up with a suitcase in my lap for 2 hours (including beer and piss stop) - or with cases wedged in an open boot and held in place with a bungee cord - which is not my idea of a relaxing final leg of a door-to-door ~24 hour trip

My exasperation is because it really ought not to be difficult to arrange:

1. Pick up at DMK
    2. Take bf to BKK
    3. Pick me up at BKK (the times should work out exactly - no long waiting time for taxi, by the time he gets to BKK I should be thru immigration)
    4. Take 2 ppl to Pattaya

You see - it's not asking much!

But if I cannot arrange this, then sure - 2 public taxis and meet at the hotel in Pattaya

PS I was joking about the hat boxes

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 14th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Right, Mini Mee will be needing to see a full passport arrival stamp, a Thai daily newspaper with the date clearly visible on it beside said passport and also a thistle taken from your native Scotland planted in a bottle of Chang beer before he will even consider the possibility that you ARE actually in Thailand and you're not making this all up ! My god what have you done, you've just wrecked his next 3 years worth of posts about how you're never in Thailand, you're NO fun !!

PS if you are taking a pic of the inside of your hotel room be SURE not to leave any identifying objects sitting about as those with a long memory will remember just how paranoid good old Beechy was about such near fatal mistakes ! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Well I'm now on my SEVENTH email to P.T. Taxis trying to get them to understand the third post in this thread.
    I see others here have recommended PT Taxis, I used to recommend them too as they were always on time for pick ups. I stopped using them couple years back as the last 3 times I used them they always stopped for fuel/gas and always q's at the gas pumps added at least 30 mins+ to trip, also last 3 drivers all drove at very fast speeds 140kph etc.., even when roads very busy, driving very close to vehicles in front/weaving through traffic, but talking on mobile, 'doing stuff' while driving in fast lane at 140kph was the thing I disliked most, it would mean having to continually get on to the driver for peace of mind which is an added stress I can do without after long flight.

So I changed to Pattaya Limo, and so far all (about) 12 trips, have been perfect in that they arrive on time/well before time for pick up, always big comfortable car large Hondas, Toyota camrays even Fortuner 4x4 all with plenty space for 2 with luggage, and I usually have case, holdall and guitar bag as well as bfs luggage when he is with me. They are, I think, about Bt200 more than PT....Bt1200 Suvarabhumi to Pattaya, Pattaya to Don Muang Bt1600. I find the extra Bt200 more than worth it.

ALL the drivers I have had at Pattaya Limo drive well, 120kph max, always free bottles of water in car for you. Much more comfortable journey in larger car for the distance Don Muang-Suvarnabhumi-Pattaya, as more peace of mind with driver and shorter time as no fuel stops.

Might be worth just an email to Pattaya Limo for a quote. Pick up one passenger Don Muang, pick up 2nd passanger Suvarnabhumi on same journey to Pattaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    before he will even consider the possibility that you ARE actually in Thailand
    I don't think minimee has ever stated that he doesn't believe SG hasn't or doesn't visit Thailand, his 'thing' seems to be the amount of visits and the duration of time between them.

Liked

Thanks Newalaan - might drop Pattaya Limo an email as I'm now on the ELEVENTH email exchange with PT Taxi and although they finally seem to understand what's required and I have agreed a fare of 2000B - I have to say I'm not overconfident of the service being delivered.