Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya Marriott leaving Marriott 1 November 2016

Liked

Re: Pattaya Marriott leaving Marriott 1 November 2016

The headline doesn't make any sense and the link is dead. Other than that it's a brilliant post so thanks Jim. Haha.

3. User who gave Like to post:

llz (September 3rd, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The translation is - the Marriott in Pattaya is being rebranded on November 1st. Thereafter it will be renamed the AVANI and no longer be part of the Marriott chain. Reservations already made beyond that date will be honoured but the usual Marriott benefits will not be given. The correct site is -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ov-2016-a.html

Avani seems an odd name for a hotel but three hotels in Bangkok have already branded with the name. It is an international hotel chain with the Anantara name (the former Four Seasons on Rajadamri) as its premium brand. The parent company is The Minor Hotel Group (MHG) with about 150 hotels around the world. Seems to be based in Thailand.

Liked

Ooh I wont be staying there - AVANI sounds too much like A FANNY for my liking

6. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (August 6th, 2016)

Liked

I am writing to you on behalf of Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa.

We would like to inform you that with effect from Tuesday November 1, 2016, the hotel will no longer be associated with the Marriott brand but will continue normal operations under the same ownership as the AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa.

This change does not affect your existing reservations which will be fully honored by the hotel however; certain conditions such as earning Marriott Rewards points will not be applicable beyond November 1, 2016.

We encourage you to call the hotel directly at +66 038 412 120 or contact the hotel via email at pattaya@avanihotels.comshould you need to re-confirm, change or cancel your current room accommodations.

Alternatively, you may contact Marriott reservations at +66 2 656 7700 or via the internet at www.marriott.com or via your booking agent prior to November 1, 2016.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

Once again, I would like to assure you that your existing agreement shall not be affected by this change. I also hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Marriott Hotel in the near future.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (August 30th, 2016), Surfcrest (August 30th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    The translation is - the Marriott in Pattaya is being rebranded on November 1st. Thereafter it will be renamed the AVANI and no longer be part of the Marriott chain. Reservations already made beyond that date will be honoured but the usual Marriott benefits will not be given. The correct site is -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ov-2016-a.html

Avani seems an odd name for a hotel but three hotels in Bangkok have already branded with the name. It is an international hotel chain with the Anantara name (the former Four Seasons on Rajadamri) as its premium brand. The parent company is The Minor Hotel Group (MHG) with about 150 hotels around the world. Seems to be based in Thailand.
    You are absolutely right. Thank you very much.

http://www.minorinternational.com/MBiz/Hotel.php

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by tk2526 View Post
    You are absolutely right. Thank you very much.
    You are most welcome. But did you really read when I wrote? "Avani seems an odd name for a hotel." I stand by that. Of all the brands I have stayed all around the world, this is amongst the most weird! I still don't know what the name stands for or the type of group it is. And when a name within a hotel group seems weird or odd, I usually avoid that hotel until a good friend who has actually stayed there recommends both it and the group. It's also confusing as there is already an Advani chain of hotels run by another company.