Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: British family attacked in Hua Hin, for being tourists

Liked

Re: British family attacked in Hua Hin, for being tourists

There is no justification for kicking someone when they are lying helpless on the ground but I also wonder if this could have been avoided if the son and then the mother had not reacted as they did. It appears as if the mother slapped the Thai guy before he punched her. The family were regular visitors to Thailand and might have learned that it's better to walk away from a gang of drunk Thais. It's also good to know that there will be a full investigation into how the video came into the public domain and adversely affected the good name of Thailand.Incidentally it was the Owen family from Wales.

2. User who gave Like to post:

bucknaway (May 1st, 2016)

Liked

I was wondering if there was ever an event like this in Thailand where a Thai grandmother was kicked in the head like the grandmother in the video? Then I wondered what would happen if the youth were farang and the elderly family were Thai? Would the farangs be allowed to wai for the camera and posters on message boards saying that the Thai family should have just walked away when the farangs sucker-punched their son?

Funny that this seems to be not such a big deal to those in authority but let a Chinese tourist wash their feet in a sink and all hell will break loose!
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

scotty boy, reading or even better comprehension is not your strong point. Some of the posts convey the message " that had the young lady not worn skimpy clothes she would not have ben raped" and others convey an even stronger message.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

but then you did say that this is a common occurrence in your homeland (nice!!) so possibly culturally not so jarring....and probably explains why old scot ladies look like old scot men....guess getting punched and kicked in the face would do that. Thank goodness there is a class system and I'm at least 3 rungs away from yours.

Liked

Hua Hin clip leak 'caused more harm'
    Published: 01/05/2016
    Writer: Post Reporters

Police investigating the brutal assault of three British tourists in Hua Hin are searching for whoever leaked footage of the attack, and plan to charge them for dealing another blow to the country's battered tourism image... (read more)...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...used-more-harm.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway View Post
    I was wondering if there was ever an event like this in Thailand where a Thai grandmother was kicked in the head like the grandmother in the video?
    This was just posted on Richard's site, even more disturbing to see some motorcycle punks kicking the crap out of a thin young woman.

https://youtu.be/9sKarQ9m0Ls

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    .. Thank goodness there is a class system and I'm at least 3 rungs away from yours.
    I know, but don't give up hope - if you try really hard you can climb the social ladder and thus get a little closer to me

<HUGS>

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    This was just posted on Richard's site, even more disturbing to see some motorcycle punks kicking the crap out of a thin young woman.
    Surfcrest
    Not sure who Richard is! That vdo is horrific but the scenario is interesting. It seems the girl has to be a Thai (or Lao according to the comments below) with blonde hair and that she is from a club as two other girls also with long blonde hair are seen on the extreme right disappearing back inside when the attack starts. The two she is chatting to as the attack starts also slink away. Hard to make out if they are both men. Then there is the fact that even once the girl has hit the ground and the really heavy stuff starts, the other Thais all just amble away.

It almost appears that either an attack on this girl was expected or some form of similar attack is a regular occurrence outside this club. The comments suggest the main attacker was her regular customer and is actually married to a lady with royal connections. That being the case, anyone prepared to lay bets that he will be prosecuted for anything?
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 1st, 2016 at 15:19.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

scotty boy....I never bothered to point out whether my 3 rungs were north or south of yours...only that in my society no one gets kicked in the face. Now go wallow in that English subsidised scottish mud.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...and yes...common theme is that the Thais just stand around and watch......